Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AM workout or PM?

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    I prefer mornings. I tried the evening/night workout thing for a while while deployed, but more often than not after working 12+ hrs the last thing you want to do is go work out. Going prior to work was the better option. YMMV.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I work out when I get the chance. On Mondays its an evening session starting around 1930 (crowd is smaller at the fitness center then), Tuesday and Wed are mornings around 1030. No workout on Thursday. Friday and Saturday are back to 1030.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Your body will adapt around any workout schedule you decide is the easiest for you. Easiest being most likely to actually go as per your schedule or easiest for your own personal rhythm.

Feedback Score
    Cardio in the morning on an empty stomach is best for weight loss. As far as your ideal HR for fat burning, well that depends on your weigh and age. But for muscle building the later in the day the better. You need carbs, fuel for the body. By doing your cardio first in the morning you are burning carbs needed for your body to be productive with weight training. But if you have to do both in the morning. Switch it around and do the workout routine before the cardio. Look into carb loading when you wake up. Mix between simple and complex carbs. Simple being something fruit related like grape juice. Complex being oatmeal, brown rice, etc.

Post workout within 20 minutes look for protein. Shake, egg whites, bar etc.

The 2 hour sessions in the gym that your co workers are doing is over training. Keep in mind you're not there to chit chat, you're there to work. Rest periods longer than 2 minutes inbetween sets allows your muscles to recover. You don't want that, you want to further tear your muscle fibers. Try to set up a routine that allows you to work both slow and fast twich fibers if you're looking to be an all around fit healthy athletic type.
    Last edited by INMIline; 04-07-10 at 15:00.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123