Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new soft shell...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I might have to get one of those OTTE jackets for next winter, but damn are they expensive.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Stick if you dont mind me asking how tall are you I have been looking for a SS but find most are really short on me. I am 6'5 and about 250 so most things I wear are xxl L if I can find them I wear my guns IWB so

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Those are the jackets that I am referring to. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I bought an OTTE hardshell at SHOT and brought it with to A'stan. It has proven to be a very good jacket thus far.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I've been wearing OTTE Gear softshells for 2+ years. I've worn it under hard armor while kicking in doors, while low crawling (real low crawling not hand sand knees) over thorns and rocks, daily wear while working plain clothes details, and its the first jacket I grab when I head out doors for every day wear.

I love the jacket as much as any man can have affection for a soft shell. Its very comfortable, the pockets are in the right places, the jackets have held up even when I've been doing things that I swore was going to ruin them.

Below is a review that I wrote awhile back, I should probably update it to show the extended use its gotten after an additional year or so of wear. If I can answer any question about it, let me know. I don't any money from OTTE Gear, but I know their guys, and when its Christmas time, you can bet I'm making orders with them for friends and family.

Lots of info, stories, and pictures below.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...read.php?t=772
    Stick thank you for the insight brother! I had a feeling the Condor gear was on the shotty side. Your review will more than educate me on the OTTE Gear and help me decide.

I have Carhartt, LL Bean, and North Face soft and hard shells but have never ventured into the "tactical" cold gear arena other than my Gen II ECWCS...and that's Woodland camo so you know how long ago that was.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 03-02-10 at 10:56.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Stick thank you for the insight brother! I had a feeling the Condor gear was on the shotty side. Your review will more than educate me on the OTTE Gear and help me decide.

I have Carhartt, LL Bean, and North Face soft and hard shells but have never ventured into the "tactical" cold gear arena other than my Gen II ECWCS...and that's Woodland camo so you know how long ago that was.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I know its a little late in the game to post this, but i still have to.

MARMOT! I have the Marmot Sharp Point Softshell Jacket, and absolutely love it. In the winter, in Michigan, I can wear just a t-shirt with this jacket, and be toasty while shoveling the driveway.

http://marmot.com/products/sharp_poi...?p=110,170,142

The price on there is a horrible listing. I picked mine up at the mall for $90 at a shoe store. It's much thicker and warmer than the North Face softshells.

Check Ebay

CMiller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I bought an OTTE hardshell at SHOT and brought it with to A'stan. It has proven to be a very good jacket thus far.
    Thanks for your post, if it can with stand the weather/environment there then it will more than serve it's purpose for me!
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

OOPS! Double tap!
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 03-03-10 at 11:03.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post

I picked up a hardshell "second" off the clearance rack while at SHOT. Its nice to be able to use it as an absolute beater. I was actually more interested in the hardshell pants that came with it than I was the top. That clearance rack was sweet enough that I bought 2 extra OTTE jackets (DK series) as gifts for friends.

As much as I like the OTTE hard shell, I could live in the Soft shells.

Here is a review I did on the OTTE Hard Shell awhile back.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...read.php?t=472

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast