Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Auto?

Feedback Score

Full Auto?

Are we allowed to convert an existing registered SBR lower to FA? If so, what's the cost & procedure? Or is it possible to purchase an already registered FA if manufactured prior to '86? Thanks.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell--

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    no sir you are not. The only machine guns us peasants can own must have been manufactured and registered prior to the 1986 ban.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Actually, you can convert one, but you need a Registered Drop in Auto Sear (which also has to have been made prior to 1986). They are running over $12k these days last time I checked.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Necropost question

I did not want to start a new thread for this question and this was the only related thread I could find that has not been closed and locked.

The option of a registered drop in auto sear was presented in another forum and I thought this was bad advice as I assumed(flame suit on) that this would be tantamount to modifying a post ban lower. after a bit of google fu I found several references to this option but no real explanation as to how it is different from modifying or manufacturing a full auto weapon.

How is installing a RDIAS into a post ban lower not "modifying" or "manufacturing" a post ban full auto weapon?

I'm not able to wrap my head around this.
    Last edited by luvmy40; 04-17-13 at 07:46.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    An RDIAS is a machine gun in the eyes of the infinitely wise BATFE.

Owning one means that you can have a host in any configuration. SBR.. whatever... the Sear is the machine gun and can wear anything it wants.

Now technically if you remove the sear and just take an unregistered SBR to shoot, you're in illegal territory.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    The auto sear is classified as a machine gun. Here is the pertinent ATF ruling:

http://www.atf.gov/files/regulations...uling-81-4.pdf

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I can....
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So, adding a RDIAS to my 21st century AR is modifying the RDIAS not modifying the lower receiver. I get it. I don't follow the logic but I get it. It is Bureau-speak legalese we're talking about after all.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Where can one find an RDIAS these days anyway?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Where can one find an RDIAS these days anyway?
    You might post this question on ARFcom. They have a broader base of people who would know if someone was selling.

I'd be curious as to what they're going for these days. Over $20,000 maybe?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast