Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Oakley SI Tactical FR Glove

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

New Oakley SI Tactical FR Glove

Gear Scout seems to be the first to break the news about these. Looks like the addressed the weaknesses of the original- lack of FR and finger tip dexterity.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...ical-fr-glove/

Maybe Stick will chime in and tell us what he thinks...

ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    Gear Scout seems to be the first to break the news about these. Looks like the addressed the weaknesses of the original- lack of FR and finger tip dexterity.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...ical-fr-glove/

Maybe Stick will chime in and tell us what he thinks...

So far so good, I've got a few different guys using them so we should be able to get good feedback. These are guys using them on a daily basis, and starting today, I'm using them as a patrol glove so I give honest comments.

From an initial view point, I like them for the reason I noted in the MT article. I need more time with them to say much more. I'll be shooting in them today.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They sound interesting. One problem I had with the original gloves was pressing radio buttons and other finger tasks such as opening a can of red bull...

For anyone who uses a glove outside the confines of a range, there is no such thing as a shooting glove. There are only working gloves that you can shoot with.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    They sound interesting. One problem I had with the original gloves was pressing radio buttons and other finger tasks such as opening a can of red bull...

For anyone who uses a glove outside the confines of a range, there is no such thing as a shooting glove. There are only working gloves that you can shoot with.
    Very true, I've tried just about all of them and always end up going back to the Mechanix Original.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Able to work my radio, load mags, shoot, and open a ziplock sandwich bag wearing the gloves. The ziplock bag was a little more tricky, but still very doable. I was able to reseal the bag as well.

Not able to use my cellphone and dial with the gloves on, but my phone is a piece of garbage with small buttons that I have no love for anyway.

I neglected to open my emergency can of redbull while wearing these.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just FYI guys.. Browsing the usstandardissue site today I discovered that the SI Tactical FR glove is now for sale. I hope it carries the same sizing as the SI Assault. I just ordered a pair.

Feedback Score
    021411, Do you have to be Mil or LE to order a pair from usstandardissue?
    These look to be very well made gloves.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    leo,mil,firefighters,dea,ice,fbi...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by a1cobbs View Post
    021411, Do you have to be Mil or LE to order a pair from usstandardissue?
    These look to be very well made gloves.
    Yep.

Per their website:

Q: Do I qualify for your program?
    A: The Oakley Military and Government Sales program is for active duty military, reserve, federal and local law enforcement, fire, EMS and those holding military retiree credentials.

Feedback Score
    I just bought a SI Protection Hoodie... my wife would kill me for even looking at these gloves... but they look pretty badass... i would definitely be interested in more comments from stickman on how they work out as patrol gloves...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast