Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: help deciding on 1911 grips

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    For a long time (nearly 10 years) I ran the rubber grips that came on my Kimber Target and really like them:

I picked up a pair of VZ grips from a friend recently and they are starting to grow on me:

Like Templar said, they work well for concealed carry.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I really like the 10-8 G10 grips. You don't need to take a "sander" to them, you simply use the enclosed sand paper that comes with them to create the texture that is best for "you". Don't be afraid to spend 10 minutes to make something "just right"... I much prefer that to "that's how they come"... YMMV

These are the 10-8's... They have a perfect texture for "me" and I am sure you could make them perfect for "you" in 10 minutes....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a set of Larry Davidson's grips that I am super pleased with. 4x4 over Wyrm pattern. He will do flat/beveled bottoms, covered or releived for MSH pin...

Aubrey<><

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I'll throw my vote in for VZ grips. I really like their quality. Got myself a set of the thin double diamonds:
    Last edited by sevin8nin; 02-28-10 at 18:05.

Feedback Score
    nice pics and input folks. I ended up using a spare set of older pachmayr double diamond grips with the finger grooves cut off and they look pretty cool. If I can get around to learning how to post pics will do. These grips have a medium reddish brown earthy color that looks good.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Standard wood grips are actually quite good.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here's a few alternatives for you:

I have 3 identical pair of Altamont grips on my Ruger Mark II's and ordered 2 more sets today for a S&W K frame and another Mark II.

Hit their "Past Work Gallery" page. You'd be surprised who they make OEM grips for:

http://altamontco.com/products/pistol/1911/

I have Fusion Grips on all 3 of my .45 1911's:

http://www.fusionfirearms.com/servle...ips/Categories

Each is a terrific value and top notch quality.
    Last edited by varoadking; 03-10-10 at 18:15.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123