Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 4 items for survival?

Feedback Score
    Cerberus,

Not yet, but I can give you a bit of feedback on them.

All of the sizes work very effectively. I will do a full write up on fire starting gear later on but the gist of it is they work well. A lot of thought went into the design of the striker to produce a lot of spark for your stroke while not being bulky like some of the other styles on the market.

I have been using the various sizes and I really like the mini (not up on the site yet) in our compact survival kits but really like the scout or army for a dedicated fire starter as opposed to a contingency/emergency kit (I try not to scavenge my survival kit unless performing testing or in an actual survival situation). The minis are also great for sticking on a key ring, I will try to get some up shortly.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I saw the fire starters also. I was thinking about the army size for my pack. Good to know they work as good as they look.

Feedback Score
    Cerberus and Ga Shooter,

Did a write up for the FireSteels in this weeks blog. Hope that answers some of your questions.

FireSteel Blog Entry

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thanks for the write up and the videos. Looks good.

Feedback Score
    Excellent write up. Hope to order this someday soon.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Water purification tablets
    Knife
    550 cord
    fire striker

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info Mike. I will be spending some money there soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE G View Post
    Here is a write up I did on them Austere Provisions Company Klean Kanteen Blog Entry

After a few days of boiling gallons of water each day I took them back and scrubbed them down to get the soot off. Inspection revealed no discernible damage or weakening of the metal.

I have used it on charcoal, camp stoves, and an electric range eye still with no damage or weakening visible to the naked eye.
    Are they made in China? If not where? thanks.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    good info in this thread.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately they are made in china. Klean Kanteen does make a big deal about them being produced responsibly, so no little kids are losing hands while building this product and it is a well specced product but it's manufacturing process doesnt put an American to work only it's sale. That is really the only downside to these and I wish they were made domestically.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast