Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Use a shot-timer with your Android powered phone!

Feedback Score

Use a shot-timer with your Android powered phone!

Hey everyone,
    I just wanted to let you know that if you have an Android Phone (Droid,G1,MyTouch,Hero, etc) my app is available for 99 cents on the Android Market under the name "ShotClock". It essentially turns your phone into a shot timer.

All you do is select the sensitivity, switch on the detection, wait for the beep and start shooting.

It isn't a replacement for a real shot timer but I have had no problems using it at the range for practice purposes.

If you have the Barcode Scanner app, the following image will take you to where you need to go.

Example:

Feedback Score
    Cool. I already have a good shot timer, but it will be nice to have an emergency backup.
    I'll try it.
    "Guns are like neurosurgeons. When you need one, you need one badly."

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I want a droid

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    bookmarked for when i get my new phone.

Feedback Score
    I'm a COP so forgive me if this is a silly question. I have a Palm PRE which runs WEB OS. Can you make a shot timer for that operating system? Thanks

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Downloaded it and should be able to try it out this weekend.

Thanks, we needed this app!

Buckaroo
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iFightCrime View Post
    I'm a COP so forgive me if this is a silly question. I have a Palm PRE which runs WEB OS. Can you make a shot timer for that operating system? Thanks
    It's possible but I don't have the tools or equipment to try .

[Nerd Alert] Here is why mobile phone software isn't easily transferred.

WindowsMobile phones run a weird version of Windows that regular windows programs can't even run on and vice versa. Languages for this are rarely C++ and most often C#.

Android phones run a weird version of Linux and use Java based libraries to run.

WebOS (new Palm) devices run a different version of Linux from Android and the programming interface is similar to web programming/JavaScript.

Apple phones run a weird version of OSX and require a their custom Objective-C to be able to make apps for it.

Blackberry uses their own OS and appears to be Java related.

Feedback Score
    Hi,
    I like your program! I would suggest a bigger start button if possible but I suspect that may be limited by the OS. Could you make a variable delay to start such as 3 and 5 seconds and then a random start? brian

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by revsoft View Post
    It's possible but I don't have the tools or equipment to try .

[Nerd Alert] Here is why mobile phone software isn't easily transferred.

WindowsMobile phones run a weird version of Windows that regular windows programs can't even run on and vice versa. Languages for this are rarely C++ and most often C#.

Android phones run a weird version of Linux and use Java based libraries to run.

WebOS (new Palm) devices run a different version of Linux from Android and the programming interface is similar to web programming/JavaScript.

Apple phones run a weird version of OSX and require a their custom Objective-C to be able to make apps for it.

Blackberry uses their own OS and appears to be Java related.

NERDS!!!
    i guess i am to cause i understand what you said.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bpw View Post
    Hi,
    I like your program! I would suggest a bigger start button if possible but I suspect that may be limited by the OS. Could you make a variable delay to start such as 3 and 5 seconds and then a random start? brian
    Both of these are valid suggestions and will most likely (definitely as to the delay suggestion) included in v1.1

Thanks!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast