Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactical Tomahawks

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)

Tactical Tomahawks

So who among us has a tomahawk as part of their gear? I think that it could be a very useful tool for a lot of situations, or is it. I can really see its use while hiking or as part of your bug out gear. The prices are all over the board, from SOGs $40 one to custom hawks in the $300 dollar range. I know that you get what you pay for but… Who has one, what brand, how have you used it, how do you carry it, and how did it live up to the hype?

If you have one post some pics.
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I don't have a tactical tommyhawk but I do carry a Gerber Sport Ax in my BOB and I can guaran-damn-tee you it would ruin your day if you were to get a peck on the noggin with it. Cheap, light, and extremely sharp it makes very quick work of an wood tat gets in my way. I'm not sure it would hold up to breaking bricks, though...

Last edited by ra2bach; 03-03-10 at 10:29.
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    Have you been watching "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson lately?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Tomahawks are cool. I recently bought the SOG. Not sure what I'm going to do with it?????????????

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    RMJ Tactical Shrike, by far the best hawk on the market, at least in my opinion. Don't have one yet, played with a bunch and my buddy Mercop is the official RMJ trainer so I have some experience with them.
    http://www.pho-tac.com/
    Capturing the Essence of Tactical Reality

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by photosniper View Post
    RMJ Tactical Shrike, by far the best hawk on the market, at least in my opinion. Don't have one yet, played with a bunch and my buddy Mercop is the official RMJ trainer so I have some experience with them.
    I looked at the RMJ hawks. I think they are by far the largest of the ones that I have looked at.

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DTHN2LGS View Post
    Have you been watching "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson lately?
    Not lately, but that's a great idea!

Feedback Score
    I have been working with RMJ for two years now. When they approached me about doing the CQB DVD we needed to get a training hawk done so we met with Blue Guns at SHOT 2008 and it was done.

Part of my duties is trying to break my Shrike by doing things with it that I shouldn't. You know, chopping cinder blocks up and prying the trunk lids off of cars from the hinge side.

Try that with the other hawks out there. We encourage it. I carry mine in my Bag of Evil exactly for the reasons in the article below. It is there right next to my FAK.

http://mail.myptsmail.com/mercop/blog/?p=416

Feedback Score
    Last edited by tracker722; 06-20-11 at 11:16.

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    http://k5tactical.com/index.php?main...87a7802d3db96a

The Cold Steel one reminds me of this hawk. Out of all the hawks that I have been looking at this is the one that interests me the most. The compact size is the main reason.
    Last edited by 13MPG; 03-04-10 at 00:18.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast