Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactical Tomahawks

Feedback Score
    I would like to see a head to head test of any other hawk on the market against the RMJ Shrike. Most hawks are good at puncturing stuff. Few are designed for leverage for breaching with the spike tapered so it does not get stuck in targets.

I am on the board of directors for a charity called the www.peacekeepersupport.org. When we have a car like the one in the above picture we take donations and hand people the Shrike and let them go off for two minutes on the car. I tell them to do as much damage as they can to the car and the hawk. The car loses.- George
    Last edited by mercop; 03-04-10 at 08:04.

Feedback Score
    I just ordered RMJ Kestrel. Now the waiting begins.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    I don't have a tactical tommyhawk but I do carry a Gerber Sport Ax in my BOB and I can guaran-damn-tee you it would ruin your day if you were to get a peck on the noggin with it. Cheap, light, and extremely sharp it makes very quick work of an wood tat gets in my way. I'm not sure it would hold up to breaking bricks, though...

This, the Gerber (Fiskars) Axes are made in Finland, nobody makes an ax like the Finns. I keep the same "sport ax" in my BOB in the cab of my truck. Also have the Gerber (Fiskars) folding spade/e-tool. Good kit for sure...

I had to buy me a "tactical" tomahawk so I broke down a got the latest version of the SOG Fusion....it awaits the Zombie hordes.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    basic Buck 757...its maybe 12" overall, so id call it a camp axe, not a "tactical tomahawk", but with a little work became sharp enough to shave with ease. i snagged it up at a hardware store dirt cheap since it was the display model, so i figured WTH. what i really want is the Benchmade tomahawk, but they seem to be slow hitting shelves and the price tag is a bit high
    Last edited by woody d; 03-11-10 at 15:53.
    "I can make you feel, but i cant make you think"- Ian Anderson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a Cold Steel Vietnam Hawk that was purchased the first year they were made. High quality and sharp and it comes with a heavy duty leather sheath. I replaced the hickory handle with an acytel handle some Army/Navy store had a bunch of. It was used to dispatch a deer that was smacked by a truck.
    I like franks & beans

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 13MPG View Post
    The prices are all over the board, from SOGs $40 one to custom hawks in the $300 dollar range.
    I have the SOG Fusion $40 one. I would say for what it costs, it gets the job done as a bug out/utility axe. I don't think it s going to be as nice as the truly tactical ones, but as a cheap lightweight axe it works great. I've taken it hunting and friends have borrowed it a few times and it is still holding its edge. Mine came with a cover.

Feedback Score
    I carry the SOG Fusion at work. It will bust through drywall, and tin steel like butta! I'm a fireman, and I like to have something light weight to bust out windows, and such. It's been very useful so far, and offers a bit of comfort in case something goes bad. The ability to punch little holes everywhere I want is priceless, well 40$ anyway.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

RMJ

Last June I asked a friend what to get my son in law for his deployment USAF 2Lt who supports the army. I wanted to get him a 1911 to carry in country. my friend said that my son in law was big A/F so he most likey had to carry issued stuff.

My friend then told me about the RMJ tomahawks his guys were carrying in both Astan and Iraq. I purchased one for my son in law and liked it so much I got one for my self.

I shopped for awhile and tried to find a better system. After I gathered the data it was clear to me that the RMJ was the right tool for my needs and hopefully my son in laws needs.

My friends crew had used them with devistating effect in both countrys. The RMJ's are not cheap but then you get what you pay for.

D Williams

Feedback Score
    Have an RMJ Shrike, and trainer, great handling, very well made. saw them at Blade in '08 and finally got one after they caught up with Military orders. great hawk from a great company!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    One more thing to carry..... I'll pass.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast