Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do JP's LRP-07 fit in?

Feedback Score

Where do JP's LRP-07 fit in?

I read a lot about DPMS, POF, LMT, Armalite and so on and so on... But I havent read anything about the JP rifles. How do they fare in the grand scheme of 308-AR's?

I was very interested in one of their rifles and their prices range seems reasonable in comparison to other rifles. Would I be buying into a gimmick? Or are they truly the "bees knees" as they say they are?

Feedback Score
    robocop,

Welcome to the forum!

I haven't shot any of the other AR 308 platforms, but I do like my JP. There are many good options, most roughly the same price, and they can all perform about the same.

If you want a SBR, chrome lined barrel, or don't want the JP adjustable gas block, then I would look elsewhere.

My LRP-07 308 is a sub MOA gun with decent ammunition, but where it has a real advantage is with the low mass operating system and adjustable gas block to minminze recoil signature. I'm probably almost as fast with this rifle as I am with my CTR-02.

I have only used the Magpul LR 20 mags and so far this has been 100% reliable with FMJ ammo, but I haven't even put 1000 rounds through it yet.

Of course, customer service is excellent with JP and although I've had no problems that have required their help, they are great about answering questions in general.

I really wish they made a 308 with a 14.5" barrel, because this is what I want for my next riflle.
    Last edited by Nevermiss; 03-03-10 at 09:14.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the Welcome,

Can ask what configuration you chose for your LRP? I am considering the 18" light weight model.

By chance would you know if the LRP-07 is compatible with the ABS carbon barrels?

Feedback Score
    I have the 18" lightweight barrel with a PRS stock and I'm very happy with this configuration.

However, I don't know about the compatibility with the barrel you mentioned.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Be nice if they sold those lowers. I dig the boxy look.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Are the barrels threaded, or is the compensator part of the barrel? What twist rate is the barrel? On their websight they sell some .308 barrels that say "barrel kit" that are 1-11.25 and some that are 1-10? Just wondering which one comes with the complete rifle.

thanks

Feedback Score
    The barrel is 1:11.25.

The compensator looks like it is part of the barrel. I believe they attach the compensator and somehow do some fine lathing (I'm not a machinist-not even sure if I can spell it) so you cannot tell they are separate.

If you call JP, I am sure they would be happy to attach whatever compensator you would like.

Feedback Score
    What little I do know about JP's is that the comp is fixed, not threaded... and that you have a choice of 1:10 or 1:11.25 by barrel options during your initial rifle order. Judging by the length of their order/turnaround time, I doubt JP keeps a lot of completed merchandise on hand. Their rifles seem to be built per order.

I'm very fond of shooting heavier loads (175gr - 180gr) for hunting, so I'm preferential to the 1:10 barrel. I also have a near limitless supply of Win match 168gr JHP. I really want to keep my AR-308 at 18"... maybe shorter.

I was originally set on the DPMS SASS, but I am quite fond of the concept for the LRP-07 side charging handle. I want to learn more about LRP-07, in fear that I may be buying into a gimmick rather than functional upgrade/evolution to the Ol' AR-308 platform.

Thanks to all you guys thus far.

Feedback Score

Contact JP

They will probably answer your barrel questions. I did email them a couple years ago on the possibility of getting the barrel threaded for a suppressor if I bought one, and they said "no problem". Very accommodating and very quick replies to my questions.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."- John Stuart Mill English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wow...finally received my LRP-07. What a masterpiece!!!! Can't wait to test the hell out of it. The side CH is a plus!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast