Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any true TEMS, SWAT, SRT forums?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I appreciate the help guys.

Tmed, I sent you a PM.

Feedback Score
    jhurt - no offense but a trauma physician will not bring anything practical to the table that you are not already being provided by your tactical medics (at least in my area). If anything they can be a detriment to the team cohesion and are not experienced in the practical considerations of working in the prehospital environment. A trauma surgeon will not crack someone's chest in a front yard or the back of an ambulance, if someone can be saved in the field by a trauma surgeon then they can be saved be an EMT-Intermediate (not even a paramedic). The best you can hope for is that the well meaning surgeon will merely slow you down in trying to get that person to definitive care (an OR with a trauma team, not a front yard with a trauma surgeon).

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have to agree with ninjamedic. I have 25 years in ER (a significant portion in Level 1 Trauma) extensive Flight Trauma experience as an RN in the busiest Flight trauma team in the US. I am a sworn LE Operator medic on a SWAT team.

A Trauma Surgeon is going to be a Penguin in the Desert. They have little or no experience in pre hospital and little experience outside of a well stocked ER/OR with lots of help. The average Urban Paramedic will outperform the Doc in almost every situational need that a Tac team has.

I would highly recommend the NTOA site and talking to other teams in your region. Lightfighter and SOCNET have some good info.
    COMTOMS is up and running again and the old HK School is still functioning under another name.
    Last edited by Limey-; 03-09-10 at 01:20.

Feedback Score
    Ninja and Limey, you may be right. I really have no standing to argue the issue in either direction, I was just told thats what we're doing.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Maybe he is just taking a 'medical control' role........I would hope so.

Stay Safe

Feedback Score
    jhurt - unfortunately many of us know exactly what thats like, stay safe!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12