Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SBR engraving question

Feedback Score

SBR engraving question

If I were to get 12 inch piston fully assembled LMT MRP SBR, do I need to get it engraved with my info?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not if it's a factory built rifle.
    We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.

-Archilochus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The "maker" of the NFA item needs to be on the gun. If you take a regular gun and register it with the ATF as an NFA item, you are considered the "maker" and need your info on it. If you're buying an SBR that's already registered with the NFA, you're not the maker and don't need to engrave.

Feedback Score
    Great. I'm thinking I might just go this route by buying a registered sbr.

It's silly imo to get a lower have it registered and then stripped it, send it in for engraving and then wait to get it back.

Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    Some engravers do not require a fully stripped receiver to engrave in some locations...others require it (such as inside the triggerguard)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by getchevyn View Post
    Great. I'm thinking I might just go this route by buying a registered sbr.

It's silly imo to get a lower have it registered and then stripped it, send it in for engraving and then wait to get it back.

Thanks for the info.
    It's all personal preference I guess. If you're buying a registered SBR, you're going to have to jump through a few extra hoops, such as finding the proper FFL. My NFA guy is 2 hours away from my home; LMT can't just send your NFA item to the local mom and pop gunshop unless they happen to deal in NFA items.

Also, a lot of folks buy parts piecemeal as funds dictate, so a stripped lower is attractive in this instance. Plus, you get the fun and experience of building an AR yourself. Sounds like you're looking to buy a complete lower though, so a pre-registered SBR might indeed be the way for you to go.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I already had 6920 before I was serious about getting and SBR. I lucked out having a local guy who does engraving for $15 so I lucked out. Having said that, if I were doing it again I would buy a complete SBR rifle. I put a 6933 upper on mine and now I see police trade in 6933s for $900. I'm not crazy about having my name and city engraved on my lower but it is what it is and with a little Aluminum Black it's hardly noticeable.
    We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.

-Archilochus

Feedback Score
    i have been getting conflicting info on this. the place i did my papper work said i did not have to engrave any thing on my lower. its a complete lmt lower and i got a complete Noveske 10.5 to go on it. the shop said i was good and did not have to do the engraving. the upper and the lower came from different shops and different times.

Do i need to put my info on my lower?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSmoke View Post
    i have been getting conflicting info on this. the place i did my papper work said i did not have to engrave any thing on my lower. its a complete lmt lower and i got a complete Noveske 10.5 to go on it. the shop said i was good and did not have to do the engraving. the upper and the lower came from different shops and different times.

Do i need to put my info on my lower?
    If you filed a Form 1 to make and register an NFA firearm, you need to mark the firearm with your name (or the name of whatever legal entity is registering the gun) and your city/state.

Feedback Score
    So is there any specific location that the info has to be engraved? I saw someone mention the trigger guard.
    An honest Government has no fear of an armed population.
    PSALM 109:8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast