Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SBR engraving question

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike from Texas View Post
    So is there any specific location that the info has to be engraved? I saw someone mention the trigger guard.
    It can be anywhere on the firearm (lower rec, upper rec, barrel), though putting it on the lower is probably best for a number of reasons, mainly because if it's not put on the lower, then you'd have to mark EVERY short upper rec/barrel you wanted to use with your SBR.

The markings should be in plain sight, meaning they can be seen without disassembling the rifle at all, or at least without any disassembly that requires tools.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by khc3 View Post
    It can be anywhere on the firearm (lower rec, upper rec, barrel), though putting it on the lower is probably best for a number of reasons, mainly because if it's not put on the lower, then you'd have to mark EVERY short upper rec/barrel you wanted to use with your SBR.

The markings should be in plain sight, meaning they can be seen without disassembling the rifle at all, or at least without any disassembly that requires tools.
    Excellent, thank you.
    An honest Government has no fear of an armed population.
    PSALM 109:8

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by getchevyn View Post
    Great. I'm thinking I might just go this route by buying a registered sbr.

It's silly imo to get a lower have it registered and then stripped it, send it in for engraving and then wait to get it back.

Thanks for the info.
    Probably a better idea to engrave the stripped lower first before registering via form 1.

I went the complete SBR route and it took about 4 months for my rifle to be complete because they were waiting on parts to be manufactured. Then 4 more months for the form 4 transfer. No engraving necessary on my part. It's all a personal preference really.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12