Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What boots?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I was just going to post the same topic. Looking for a pair of boots myself. Just need them for classes and range work, I'm not humping 20 miles a day in them. Anybody have any good suggestions for something in the 75 dollar range?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jtb0311 View Post
    Vasque Sundowner Classics or OTB Thor boots (both with green superfeet insoles) for daily use. The Vasques are pretty good in cold and wet too, but if it's extreme I'll wear Danner 8" Recon boots.
    Agreed on the Vasque option. Had a pair issued as part of the equipment list for an overseas security detail, that was 13 years ago and they are still going strong.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    How does the Oakley Si Boots compare to the Bushmasters?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Wolveriene king caribou 9" in digital storm.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    Adding a nod for the OTB Thors. Best shoes I've owned thus far. Still breaking in a pair of Asolo FSN-85s so I can't really rate them yet. On first impression mostly good but I think I need to upgrade the insoles. Nice thing about all OTB boots is that OTB puts a lot of thought into adding quality insoles for their boots. I also have a pair of OTB Abyss boots that I haven't really had a chance to use yet -- comes with a whole complex system of insoles.
    “Live free or die; death is not the worst of evils.”
    - General John Stark, July 31, 1809

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

OTB Bushmaster

Well after reading this thread I've decided to give the OTB Bushmasters a go. I'll have to wait for all of the snow to go away though

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by madisonsfinest View Post
    Well after reading this thread I've decided to give the OTB Bushmasters a go. I'll have to wait for all of the snow to go away though
    The new OTB Bootistans are waterproof light mountaineering boots. Probably my next pair of boots, though I don't need waterproof very often in the desert where I am.
    “Live free or die; death is not the worst of evils.”
    - General John Stark, July 31, 1809

Feedback Score
    I have wore Danner Arcadias for the last several years. Just recently, my department approved a boot company by the name of Haix. I just realized that their HQ is right here in Lexington. I asked around and a a few of the street cops seem to like them. Not clear on what models. I may take a look at them also.

Back to Danner. I was involved in a incident where Jet Fuel/foam completely trashed the finish on my Danners. I was a little bummed. I shipped them back to Danner for $50 or $75 dollars and they sent them back to me damn near new looking. They even tossed in a shirt with the deal. Nonetheless, it meant so much to me to get the boots back. Kind of a sentimental value that I want to hold on to. Plus one for Danners!

Most of us wear the Arcadia's and Striker II GTX's. However, Danner just came out with the Danner APB'S and apparently they are all the rave around here. They are real close to the Arcadia's but a little "sporty". Hell, I don't know how to explain it......just look at them.

I guess I am lucky to have Galls and Haix in the same town.

Ky Cop
    Last edited by Kentucky Cop; 03-06-10 at 20:49.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I never liked the Arcadias. I gave mine away to a co-worker. They were way to heavy in my opinion.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast