Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Interest in a State of Franklin Training Group?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by doughnut View Post
    A friend of mine has a shop in Jonesborough and I help him from time to time. A lot of folks that come in have told me about Tac-2 but I've never been. I need to get down there and try IDPA.
    The matches aren't IDPA sanctioned but generally follow IDPA rules. Some of the stages may not be found at a typical sanctioned match. First match is free to shoot. There's a good group of folks down there, and we get anywhere from 40-60 a month showing up for IDPA. They also do USPSA on the first weekend if you're more interested in that style of competition.

And folks, as far as the group goes, I'm looking at it as much as a social/meet-up group as a training group (though to me that kind of goes hand in hand). Get together, share some knowledge, do some shooting. If we get the ball rolling, maybe some time in the future getting something together and getting an instructor to come in or something. But mostly as a way for M4C members in the area to connect and share.

Feedback Score

Interested

I am interested and would like to get more information.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Well, that's eight so far.

Sounds like enough for a small orchestra, or at least enough to plan a get-together if the folks who have posted want to try it out. I'm in no hurry on this, so we have plenty of time as far as working out schedules and logistics.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    im very interested and got this though a pm from the starting member of this thread

i am very intereste and excited to do somthing like this i dont know what you guys are looking for from me im former navy eod and the only reason im not now is i was wounded in iraq on my 3rd deployment to iraq but i would be glad to leave wife and kids behind one weekend and come up from chattanooga and meet up and do some shooting there is nowhere down here to do any serious shooting and moving so im super excited about this

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Good to hear from you Ratfink. It may take us a while to put something formal together, but any time you want to get to a place that allows dynamic shooting, let me know. The range I go to may be a bit of a drive for you, but you could easily make it a day trip. And if we end up in Tracker's AO, the wife and kids might want to come along.

What do the rest of you guys think? It's starting to look like we have enough to have a decent get-together. I've PM'd a few more, and hopefully we'll get some more responses. If y'all think we should go with what we have, we can go ahead and look at planning something. We can make it far enough ahead in the future to where we can get a schedule that works for everyone.
    Last edited by bulbvivid; 03-10-10 at 21:49.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    If you guys get together, make it happen, and post an AAR with pics I can just about guarantee you that you'll have earned your own forum.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    well i would love to have my own forum

Feedback Score
    Last edited by tracker722; 06-20-11 at 11:01.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by tracker722; 06-20-11 at 11:01.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Any way to pick another date?

I shoot IDPA on 2nd Saturday of every month. I will miss it if need be, but I've missed only one since I've started shooting them, and that was for my daughter's birthday. Any other weekend is fine, and like I said, I'll miss it for a meet-up, but if I had my druthers, I'd rather not.

And for you guys with significant others/children and whatnot, you'll notice that Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area is loaded with putt-putt and outlet malls. Might help get you there if you can bring them along.

I am looking forward to meeting some of you folks and learning all I can. I don't have much in the way of my own knowledge (though I can regale you with tales of playing in the Patton Museum's workshop when I was a kid), but I'm pretty good at helping pick up brass.
    Last edited by bulbvivid; 03-15-10 at 19:48.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast