i'm RE3 MEB.. tried to get back in twice.. the first time, i was told, in the end, "just try again in a year or two," but i never really got a clear picture of why it was no-go.. i've been rated at 20%, but am more than eligible for more if i were to apply, and have been collecting and burned up some chapter 31 entitlement- THAT seemed like enough to me, but the recruiter said that wasn't it.

the second time, i was told i might have to pay back some benefits i'd collected.... how the **** would that ever work? i think he was full of shit. whatever the case, i supposedly "had a slot" and was supposed to be heading to MEPS to sign, and my recruiter called me i think the day before to say that everything had fallen through, and that i'd "never" be allowed back in. period. again, it wasn't really explained to me... he acted like he wasn't really sure- whatever the case, my pre-existing condition wasn't waiverable anymore. he said something to the effect that somebody had gotten his hands on my medical file "at the last minute" and declared me permanently excluded.