Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remington 870 Police

Feedback Score
    I have little use for Wilson shotguns as well.
    OTOH, Hans Vang is a great guy and makes great guns.
    One of his 'smiths used to work for me as a GySgt in the Marine Corps. Willie Sampson is a top notch guy and he builds terrific guns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    How does the 870 P Max compare to a similarly spec'd Wilson Combat? And what is a reasonable price for the 870 P Max??? The 870 PMax prices I have seen on GunBroker put it within $100 or so of a similarly set-up Wilson....
    Just and FYI...Wilson uses the "express" and I have personally seen in on the side of one of thier "Sctatergun Technoloigies ' weapons.

I had an original "Scattegrgun Technologies"and like a dope...i sold it!

Tack

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Henchman;67688]
    Quote Originally Posted by olds442tyguy View Post
    That being the case, I wouldn't recommend a Wilson 870 to my worst enemy.

They take $250 shotguns, add $250 worth of parts, then sell them for $1,000.

QUOTE]

That is the truth more or less. I wanted their Border Patrol model and felt that $960.00 was a bit on the expensives side. I started with an older used 870 Express ($200.00), added $220.00 of parts from Brownells (Wilson, Speed Feed, etc) and $420.00 later had the same gun, well almost any way. It does not say Wilson Combat on the side, and I feel like I am at a tactical disadvantage when I use it because of that. (sic) The 870's just plain work and last. The main thing with the Express is to bring the trigger groups up to the Police standards if possible.

Right now the barrel for the gun is at Vang Comp for their VCS with ports. When it is returned I will have 4 Vang Comp barrels to test on 4 different guns one 18" and 3, 14"s. Hans Vang is a complete pleasure to do business with. Customer satisfaction is job 1 with him big order or small. After I test them I'll start my own thread for a report.
    I spoke to Hans Vang seceral months when i was having an "Original" "Scacttergun Tech (the originl one) "Vang Comped". He said way too muich was being made about this "Express Issue"...ESPECIALLY for somone who was goimg to just be usng it a few hundred rounds year for home protection. He thought the critical parts would not faulter, they just weren't as "Pretty".

That being said, I'd can polish the barrel and swap out the P Model trigger group and have just a good as gun as Wilson. I already have Han's safety, follower and spring, and Speed Feed Stock on the gun. Gosh i wish I had an extra $275 to have the barrel ported and vented...but then agsin, the gun just reayy sits in the safe. Tack

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123