Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield MC Loaded "Operator" .45 ACP

Feedback Score

Springfield MC Loaded "Operator" .45 ACP

This afternoon I visited one of the local gun shops to purchase some carry ammo for a couple of my .45 ACP's and .40 Smiths.

Funny how gunshops work. You walk in with a small purchase in mind and you walk out oweing your credit card company more than your home morgtage payment for one month.

I wound up purchasing the SA Loaded MC "Operator" Nicely done combat gun with the MEU (SOC) intentions all in one package. Come out of the box with a standard guide assembly. That's something I haven't seen in a while with a $1,000 plus 1911. No two piece FLGR or one FLGR. Sticking to the basics.

I'm impressed with the SA quality of this particular 1911, especially at the price point.

Pics soon.

Here's a decent article with photos of the SA Loaded MC "Operator" 1911 .45 ACP

http://springfield-armory.primediaou.../SPstory10.php
    Last edited by 82ndtrooper; 03-05-10 at 22:09.

Feedback Score
    Good looking pistol. Looking forward to the review.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've had one for several years now and have run it in a couple Vickers classes and a very high round count Pennington class, and it's always delivered.

Great 1911 for the money.

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I love mine too. I even like the grips that came on it. They feel a little large , but I still like em. The Armory Kote finish is just beautiful. You gunna love that gun. Funny, I read that article this AM too. These h-guns are very hard to find. Enjoy that awesome gun. My X300 light is a tiny bit loose, but its OK. Bladetech will make a holster for 1911's with rail, or with rail, / light combo. I like mine. Go blast it.
    Last edited by Pappabear; 03-06-10 at 00:19.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I love mine and it has served me well. In fact of the half dozen 1911s I have it’s my go to blaster. It has run flawless and seen a few classes as well. Of all the Springfield’s I believe it’s not only the best value but one of the best foundations for a more custom pistol. It utilizes the National Match frame and Slide and is not from Brazil.

Mine found its way to Scott Mulkerin at SDM Fabricating for a little love. Checkered front strap with high grip, raised beavertail, C&S Trigger components, SDM one piece mag well, Lanyard loop and new mainspring housing, SDM custom rear sight with Tritium Bar, Custom cut Crimson Trace laser grips and tuning. Back to Springfield Custom Shop to match the factory two-tone finish.

Honestly, I should but another. Like you I like the fact that it’s a bushing pistol without the guide rod.

Here are a few pics.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You guys are killing me cause I have been wanting one of these for several years in a bad kind of way but other projects keep getting in the way.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Having purchased one of these pistols late last fall, I appreciate the comments and pictures posted by other MC Operator owners. Looks like I'll be spending a wee bit more cash on mine.

Feedback Score
    I've said it before; IMO the SA MC Operator is the best value in 1911's today. I sold mine with over 7000 on it, going strong (only because I built my own in LAV's class). Know some guys on another team who used them with a couple well over 20k, with only a loose plunger tube and worn extractors replaced.

I got to "audit" a federal agencies 1911 transition course. The MC Operator acquited itself very well. Someone there made the observation that they'd rather have two MC Operators for the price of the one that was issued. The targets sure didn't notice any difference... I even swapped pistols with that guy for a course, and our targets looked exactly the same as they did before; the whole "Indian and the arrow" thing.

Don't worry about "upgrades" right away, except maybe grips. Spend the money to put several thousand rounds through it and get some training.
    "To be born free is an accident; to live free is a privilege; to die free is a responsibility."
    - Richard Secord

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just want to say that I hate all of you that come across MC Op's. I spent months looking for one and never found one in shops, the shops weren't able to get them, and when I found them online I had just missed the sales. I ended up with a LW Op, but I'd still love the MC over it. Off topic, I know.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Enjoy !

Great Gun.

imo, one of the best bargains and values in America.

Last edited by VooDoo6Actual; 03-07-10 at 14:54.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast