Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield MC Loaded "Operator" .45 ACP

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFreuler View Post
    You guys are killing me cause I have been wanting one of these for several years in a bad kind of way but other projects keep getting in the way.

I ran mine in the Pennington class we had together.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    I have not had good luck with any Loaded/TRP pistols from SA--my MC Oper had the front sight fly off in the first 50 rounds and seems unable to get through a magazine without a stoppage. It is going back to the SA Custom Shop to get rebuilt as a Pro model...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This was my facebook update from a week ago.

If anyone wants to start birthday shopping for me, Ill take a Springfield MC Operator 1911 w a surefire x400 and wilson 47delta magazines.
    comments to follow

GF's DAD: Guess I'll take your droid back
    Wed at 11:45am ·

ME: Deal!

Droid with 2 year reup in june? 200 bucks

Springfield MC operator 1300$

Surefire X400 $455.00

Wilson 47's X5 $175
    Wed at 11:58am ·

ME: thats not including a 1911 carry holster,range holster, and mag holsters.
    Wed at 6:32pm ·

MY GF: no apartment for us!
    Wed at 7:19pm ·

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply's guy's.

Templar, are those VZ grips by any chance ??

Will the Wilson 47D's run in this bugger ?? I have serveral so they'll most likely be stuffed with 230 grain JHP's for the house.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If I didnt live in the barracks, I would sell my Cannondale and get one. Who would figure Id do far LESS shooting in the MC.

Feedback Score
    The guy at the counter was trying to sell me a damn Kimber, but as has been said the MC "Operators" don't come around gun shops that often so I didn't have desire for Kimber gun.

That's just me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think the MC Operator is a great choice to run either as-is, or as a base gun to do some additional custom work. I've heard of so many guys here and on 1911 forums that have had good experiences with them. The other SA "Operator" models are similarly good, I've even had a good experience with the full-size LW Operator (though I did pay a few hundred $$ to have mine worked over for reliability, had a few key parts swapped out for higher quality, incl the extractor).

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Is it especially challenging to have a FFL order one directly from Springfield? Are they just produced in very low numbers?

I've been itching to buy a 1911 again, and this one would be quite nice.

The practical side of me keeps whispering to buy a pair of M&P 45's stuffed full of Apex parts when they are all ready. I could get two pistols and a dozen mags from Grant for that same $1300.

Damn, I hate that whole "pride of ownership" thing......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackknight View Post
    If I didnt live in the barracks, I would sell my Cannondale and get one. Who would figure Id do far LESS shooting in the MC.
    Won't armory hold it for you?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 82ndtrooper View Post
    Thanks for the reply's guy's.

Templar, are those VZ grips by any chance ??

Will the Wilson 47D's run in this bugger ?? I have serveral so they'll most likely be stuffed with 230 grain JHP's for the house.
    Wilson 47D's are still probably the gold standard for Gov't Model mags and you shouldn't have any issues with them in your new blaster.

Those are the Strider/Simonitch G10 grips. Extremely aggressive as they come out of the bag, but they give you some sandpaper to make them the way you want them. I hit them a few times with the sandpaper and they're very comfy now without gloves.

The VZ grips are equally good, and not as aggressive. I have a set on my Wilson CQB.

Last edited by TOrrock; 03-06-10 at 13:49.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast