Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carbines that died this weekend...

Feedback Score

Carbines that died this weekend...

Went to my first Vickers pistol/carbine class this weekend. Fantastic learning experience by the way...

A 16" DPMS AP4 went down hard during the night shoot. Was continuously double feeding from what I could see.

My Eagle 16" A4 AR10 had numerous FTF and FTE all weekend. Mostly as the gun was heated up. Shooter was using usgi M80 ball. So we could rule out any ammo problems... Good news was I wasn't shooting it.

And finally an LMT MRP 10.5 went down hard on the last day. Stopped cycling completely. Didn't get a good chance to find out the details.

All and all a friggin' fantastic class that really shows the stuff that YOU will need to master to become an effective shooter.

Coop

Feedback Score
    wow thats great to know i almost bought a dpms this week but went with the rra. so far i love it not one problem, put about a 1000 rounds through it.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, 2 weeks ago at the range the guy next to me had a brand new DPMS that was essentially a single shot. Short stroked on 5 different types of good ammo and my Colt and DSG magazines that have never failed me. I didn't take a closer look but I assume it was an improperly staked carrier key since the first half of a mag he fired through it went fine but in 4 range sessions since it was a single shot. I assume that if it was the gas block or gas tube it would have had trouble from the start and not after something could have worked loose. He had been on the phone with DPMS 3 times and they told him to use more lube. He said the BCG and the inside of the reciever were coated in CLP.

My home built misc. AR and my LMT Defender were both flawless as usual, even with his handloads. He was envious...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrack223 View Post
    Yeah, 2 weeks ago at the range the guy next to me had a brand new DPMS that was essentially a single shot. Short stroked on 5 different types of good ammo and my Colt and DSG magazines that have never failed me. I didn't take a closer look but I assume it was an improperly staked carrier key since the first half of a mag he fired through it went fine but in 4 range sessions since it was a single shot. I assume that if it was the gas block or gas tube it would have had trouble from the start and not after something could have worked loose. He had been on the phone with DPMS 3 times and they told him to use more lube. He said the BCG and the inside of the reciever were coated in CLP.

My home built misc. AR and my LMT Defender were both flawless as usual, even with his handloads. He was envious...

LMT DEFENDER is a POS !

No just goofing

I bought mine last year

well orderA complete upper 14.5 from LMT DIRECT then had my dealer order/Call LMT and order a SOPMOD,2 stage lower with single point sling mount

I find out later its made by tango down wich is okay I wish they mark it on there web site

I added a KAC RAS and VFG

Larue cantilever

Old ML2 still on same battery 7 years now

I also spent 25 bucks and bought a 9mm buffer

Im sold it stays on target very well

Compared to my Home Built LMT M4 with Bushmaster lower/VLTOR and 551 eotech

Both LMT M4`s have NEVER EVER HIC UP and clso to 2000rds fired

Just broke in

I cant belive HOW ACCURATE LMT M4 Barrels are

I use Blue Box Black Hills in 75gr and 77gr also MK262 white box

To bad the stuff is hard to get

last case was 400 bucks for 75gr blue From KISERS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coopmandu View Post
    Went to my first Vickers pistol/carbine class this weekend. Fantastic learning experience by the way...

...All and all a friggin' fantastic class that really shows the stuff that YOU will need to master to become an effective shooter.

Coop
    Not to sidetrack the thread. But I'm very glad to hear this. I am signed up for the same class next month at Marietta, OH.

Any suggestions or recommendations to help increase my learning experience? tia!!
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    Not to sidetrack the thread. But I'm very glad to hear this. I am signed up for the same class next month at Marietta, GA.

Any suggestions or recommendations to help increase my learning experience? tia!!
    Vickers class in Marietta, GA ???? Details please.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I'd like to know more about the GA class also...
    Stephen
    Molon Labe

"The Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing." Herger the Joyous

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    Not to sidetrack the thread. But I'm very glad to hear this. I am signed up for the same class next month at Marietta, GA.

yea tell us about Marietta
    "Respect all, fear none"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RBL View Post
    Home Built LMT M4 with Bushmaster lower/VLTOR
    I have an AR with the same combo---Bushy lower/LMT M4 upper, Vltor goodies. It runs extremely well also.
    "I can't think of nothin' finer than a fine naked woman holding a gun." --- Frankie Figs

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Vickers class in Marietta, GA ???? Details please.
    Oops, my bad. It's Marietta, OH. I spent waaaay too much time at Benning.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast