Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Magpul Handgun DVD set worth it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Is the Magpul Handgun DVD set worth it?

Has anyone tried the Magpul "Art of the Dynamic Handgun" DVD set? I wondered if it is worth it. I have the AR set and liked it.

http://store.magpul.com/product/71/76

Feedback Score
    What constitutes "worth it" to you? If you like the carbine videos, then I'm sure you'll like the handgun videos. Like any other training course, they pound the basics into your head and then go through real time application of the basics. Like any other training course, it's up to the user to decide whether they've learned anything new worth retaining that they can adapt in their own weapon handling ttp's.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by civilian View Post
    What constitutes "worth it" to you?
    [Edited to add]
    Sound advice on movement and shooting in tactical situations.
    Last edited by maximus83; 03-06-10 at 12:40.

Feedback Score
    71 (100%)
    I personally found the DVD to be worth the paid price. There are a lot of great concepts and the drills are easy to follow. YMMV as it depends on which techniques you actually choose to adopt. I got mine on eBay where they sell new/used for a little less than retail.

Feedback Score
    8 hours of typical magpul eye candy there were a few things I picked up. And the drills are good.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Great stuff from the basics on up! I love mine!

Sparky
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I finally got my DVDs over here, after having to go through Brownell's due to my location.

I thought it was well worth the price, and the production was first rate as always. For me, the Magpul videos are great team training aids. It is something you can sit the boys down to watch together and they will actually enjoy watching.

So many other videos on the market have such a poor presentation that they turn off those folks who you are trying to motivate to train.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I enjoyed it, learned a few things. Reinforced a lot of stuff I was taught a few years ago. Worst case scenario if you don't like it, I'm sure someone will buy it off you on the cheap
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    [Edited to add]
    Sound advice on movement and shooting in tactical situations.
    Magpul says that they are teaching weapon manipulation, shooting techniques and position. Now they obviously get into how those would be used, but they are not teaching you how to clear a house or run a protective detail. They even say that in the second Carbine DVD and they said it in my Handgun class.

Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post

So many other videos on the market have such a poor presentation that they turn off those folks who you are trying to motivate to train.
    I have finally figure out what differentiates the MD from all the other DVDs and shows I've seen: Fake Wood Panelling, or the lack there off.

MD has none of it, all other gun videos seem to always have a guy making, if you turned the sound off, a kidnapping ransom demand video from some panelled, poorly lit basement. They even sound like they are reading a ransom note.

Magpul uses a crashed airplane. The closest MD got to the panelling was the first carbine video when Costa talks about gear infront of a brick wall.

That and kick ass sound track.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The ridiculous soundtrack makes it harder for me to take seriously. I mean, as I listen to it I keep looking around for my game controller.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast