Thread: Vanged Mossberg 590A1

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Vanged Mossberg 590A1

Sorry about the pic quality:

Last edited by piedrarc; 03-06-10 at 17:05.

Feedback Score
    very nice! Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? It's amazing what a difference having the barrel ported, choked and backbored makes compared to the stock barrel.

How do you like the XS Big Dot sight?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I've got two Vang guns. One 870P and one 590A1. The difference in shooting these guns next to their factory stock counterparts is amazing.

We have a female Deputy here that was issued a standard Mossberg and it beat the hell out of her. When she went to the academy I gave her my 590A1 to take and she cleaned house on their course. When I was shooting with her with the two guns she went from shotgun hell to literally running 00, 000, and full house slugs with no complaints whatsoever.

When she graduated the first thing she did was order her own 590A1 VCS direct from them. Got her's in last week. And Hans and Cody at the shop went way out of their way to help her out on the deal...And I got my shotgun back!

I've seen people debate back and forth for years now on the value of the VCS work. Especially the porting. But from what I've seen first hand as well as used there's no question at all in my mind as to whether or not it's worth the money. When you see a small framed female going from the situation she was in to the level of competency she is at now between factory stock and VCS custom it tends to add a lot of credit to the system.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post

How do you like the XS Big Dot sight?
    Shoots great. Compared to the stock 590A1. The XS is a standard dot, and I really like it. My Vang 870 has the vertical line sight up front and I prefer the dot.

There is alot of opinions on the Vang shotguns, but its quite clear I prefer them. Hans and Cody are great people to deal with.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How do you guys like the 12" Hogue? I love the feel and texture of the Hogue stocks I have used in the past, but 12" seems really short in a shotty.

I am thinking I would prefer the 13" Speedfeed youth on my 590A1, but I can't buy just the stock it seems (have to get the forend too) and finding one in stock somewhere has been a trick.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    How do you guys like the 12" Hogue? I love the feel and texture of the Hogue stocks I have used in the past, but 12" seems really short in a shotty.

I am thinking I would prefer the 13" Speedfeed youth on my 590A1, but I can't buy just the stock it seems (have to get the forend too) and finding one in stock somewhere has been a trick.
    I like it a lot, but I shoot with body armor on. 13 might be the way to go unless you shoot with body armor.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by piedrarc View Post
    I like it a lot, but I shoot with body armor on. 13 might be the way to go unless you shoot with body armor.
    Luckily my days of donning body armor are over. Thanks for the reply, that is one awesome shotgun!