Thread: My AR for Precision Shooting

Feedback Score

My AR for Precision Shooting

3-gun Rifle Super-SPR'd
    JP18 inch upper with LMOS operating system, PRS stock, Geisselle SSA Trigger, BAD lever, Norgon Ambi-Mag, Premier Reticle 3-15 Mil-Dot in Larue SPR mount, Harris Bipod on Larue mount, Accu-Shot monopod, MAID grip.

Had a UBR and a TA11 on here for 3-gun, but for the upcoming Magpul Precision class I put on a PRS and 3-15 Premier Reticle Mil-dot scope. Shoots like a dream. Had it out to the range today and shot the Internet Commando 3-shoot group below. (PRVI 75gr 223 ammo. I could kick myself, I left some Hornady 75 Black Hills Blue box 77gr 223 at home ) Not a spectacular group, but that dog will hunt.

Man, does the adjustable gas, LMOS BCG/Buffer system and muzzle brake work well! A little loud in confined places. The SPR mount is a tad high maybe for me, but the PRS stock helps to even it out.

This is my first high-mag/variable scoped rifle, and I'm really enjoying it. I eventually want to get a real precision bolt gun set-up, but I decided to put my money in the scope now and retro-fit a current AR for the role. Seems with the new Rem and AI chassis coming on line, I'm thinking about haunting The Hide for used rifles and stocks.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 03-06-10 at 17:23.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks excellent!

I really like the VTAC tube on there. The KAC rail and PRI tube are more authentic, but I just don't see wasting the money on them.

Hopefully you're not next to me on the line with that muzzle break though!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    Looks excellent!

I really like the VTAC tube on there. The KAC rail and PRI tube are more authentic, but I just don't see wasting the money on them.

Hopefully you're not next to me on the line with that muzzle break though!
    Guy shooting next to me at Green Mountian said it cut one of his targets in half as he was hanging a new target on the conveyer holder while I shot. With those partitions, I didn't even know he was there.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Nice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks fantastic! What is LMOS operating system? How much does she weigh?

Feedback Score
    LMOS is JP Rifles system for reducing the recoil impulse.

http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.7_bc.php

In addition to the improved bolt and rifle length reciever extension and buffer, I also have the adjustable gas system. I turned it all the way off and then started adding gas until it would cycle the action, then added just a bit more gas to keep it running dirty. Not really a life-or-death set-up, but nice for this purpose. Might just throw an A1 stock and the TA11 for the next match.

It's that simple.