G&R Tactical
Page 1 of 111 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1103

Thread: Official SCAR Picture Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,663
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

    Official SCAR Picture Thread

    I know that many of us here are rocking em'



    Pic from the range today. I took off the nubby from the A2 with a belt sander about two hours ago... much better. Also replaced the crush washer with a peel washer, can't wait to shoot it with the Halo attached.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Up state NY
    Posts
    3,037
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Dam you NY I cant have one

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UT
    Posts
    1,849
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePAL84 View Post

    Pic from the range today. I took off the nubby from the A2 with a belt sander about two hours ago... much better.
    Yesterday I ripped my thumb open against the lower edge of Eotech XPS when working charging handle on my SCAR. That was despite having XPS on a riser all the way back (where your Poboy is) and wearing gloves. Went home and put Aimpoint Micro on tall LaRue mount back on; this appears to be a set-up with least interference.

    Sorry for a hijack. Nice pic.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    85
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePAL84 View Post
    I know that many of us here are rocking em'



    Pic from the range today. I took off the nubby from the A2 with a belt sander about two hours ago... much better. Also replaced the crush washer with a peel washer, can't wait to shoot it with the Halo attached.

    Not to be a jerk but I dont get the hype with this rifle? Whats wrong with a nice Colt or Noveske AR15 VS this?
    Last edited by Endless; 03-08-10 at 00:21.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,663
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    Not to be a jerk but I dont get the hype with this rifle? Whats wrong with a nice Colt or Noveske AR15 VS this?
    Nothing wrong with a nice Colt or Noveske. I don't have to justify my purchases when I already have backups for my backups. I bought the SCAR cause' I wanted it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    906
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mine.


    I just put a MIAD grip on and a Troy sling so Ill post some updated pics too...
    FFL/SOT

    Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    85
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePAL84 View Post
    Nothing wrong with a nice Colt or Noveske. I don't have to justify my purchases when I already have backups for my backups. I bought the SCAR cause' I wanted it.
    Fair enough. I am in the same boat with the KRISS. I just wanted it and wanted to modify it myself and see what it can do.

    Quick question, what is the weight with the SCAR?
    Last edited by Endless; 03-08-10 at 00:29.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UT
    Posts
    1,849
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    Not to be a jerk but I dont get the hype with this rifle? Whats wrong with a nice Colt or Noveske AR15 VS this?
    Nothing is wrong with good AR. SCAR has a different feature set; that's all. Otherwise, it is just an accurate and reliable 5.56 platform. And hype is just what it is - hype.

    Mine weighs 7.5 lbs.
    Last edited by YVK; 03-08-10 at 00:30.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    906
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    Not to be a jerk but I dont get the hype with this rifle? Whats wrong with a nice Colt or Noveske AR15 VS this?
    Mine is lighter, shoots better and runs way cleaner. Nothing wrong with the M4 but I wanted something "different" for a change....
    FFL/SOT

    Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    85
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 99HMC4 View Post
    Mine is lighter, shoots better and runs way cleaner. Nothing wrong with the M4 but I wanted something "different" for a change....
    I hear you. What about a Barrett or Bushmaster .50 BMG? They start at $3400.

Page 1 of 111 1231151101 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •