Page 103 of 115 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1146

Thread: Official SCAR Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BooneGA View Post
    Yes, most of the rifle accessories are off of my personal 17S.

Rick
    That makes sense. I'm not .mil so excuse my ignorance: did you have to get any approval to use those accessories or, to put it another way, did you catch any hell from higher-ups for doing so (in particular the trigger module)?

Part of me wants to try the Handl so that PMAGs are an option, though OEM mags are abundant these days.

Thanks again for the pics. It's always sweet to see how these things are set up for use downrange. That thing looks super capable for a lot of situations. I would love to get a 1.5-6 Elcan someday.

Feedback Score
    Work gun

MK17 w/ 13" Barrel
    Handl lower (hence the 25rd PMAG)
    Geissele Trigger
    Magpul selectors
    KDG Stock
    PMM Sling mount w/ padded VCAS
    1.5-6 ELCAN
    LA-5
    Insight weapon light

No issues with hits out to 700 with MK118LR. Great all purpose rifle for working out of vehicles most of the day then jumping in to long range engagements. The rifle shoots better than I do and will hold MOA groups at 100m with no issues, even using the ELCAN.

NICE set-up you got there!!!
    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwilkin View Post
    That makes sense. I'm not .mil so excuse my ignorance: did you have to get any approval to use those accessories or, to put it another way, did you catch any hell from higher-ups for doing so (in particular the trigger module)?

Part of me wants to try the Handl so that PMAGs are an option, though OEM mags are abundant these days.

Thanks again for the pics. It's always sweet to see how these things are set up for use downrange. That thing looks super capable for a lot of situations. I would love to get a 1.5-6 Elcan someday.
    That is command dependent and how comfortable you are with bending the rules. SF doesn't typically attract the "by the book" guys.

I went with the handl lower because I already had a ton of KAC magazines and Magpul ones are cheap when compared to FN. The 25 rounder in the gun isnt noticeably heavier, but provides significant more capability in the gun.

I have only shot at 100m for groups with the ELCAN but even off of the magazine it will hold sub-MOA groups. I don't think the ELCAN is perfect by any means (ARMS mounts, external adjustments, inaccurate windage/elevation clicks all come to mind as issues) but it gets the job done in the current role.

Rick

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Looks like your perched above the Mos Eisley spaceport?!

"In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Looks like your perched above the Mos Eisley spaceport?!

Boba Fett?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

More SCARs.

Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BooneGA; 01-15-17 at 09:58.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Boba Fett?
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What is the best 1-6x or 1-8x optic for the SCAR 17 in your opinion? Any information you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    What is the best 1-6x or 1-8x optic for the SCAR 17 in your opinion? Any information you could offer would be greatly appreciated!
    mark 8 1-8

Feedback Score
    Hey Frank! What happened to your "recoil reducing" heavy duty stock hinge? It's gone from your website and isn't on your piece of crap .300 blackout conversion that cycles so weak that it won't lock the bolt to the rear. Yeah real quality crap! No wonder you won't post pictures of the barrels that you're now selling but aren't even in stock......7.62x51 and .260 socom was it...funny I thought it was 260 Remington? ****ed that up too. Guess that's what happens when Alan Handl is your Lead engineer. Might want to sell those $5000.00 office chairs and take a few classes to become a solidworks savant. Heard you're trying to cuddle up to the Indians...and I don't mean the 3-1 lead blowers! Nice War Machine btw and resting savage face! Good luck getting that garbage Porsche! You should buy American. Maybe a corvette or a SRT Viper!
    Last edited by SilentTrailer30; 02-14-17 at 13:51.

Page 103 of 115 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast