Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    OK, this class kicks off tomorrow at 10 AM.

See you guys at the range.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well, I'm home.

The class went extremely well. It was hands down the best class I have ever attended. I was a little rusty on day one but got back on track after some great instruction from Larry & Dave, combined with a few good nights of sleep. The weather was a little wet on day one, but the worst of it came while we were at lunch so we got lucky. The last two days were virtually perfect. All you needed was a light jacket at times. Even the night time low light section wasn't that bad.

I forgot my camera but luckily Jeff S. was there to pick up the slack. Jeff, Vihn, and I took some great pictures. I will be posting them up over the next few days.

I would like to thank everybody who attended for helping to make it one hell of a class. Even if shooting next to Vihn ("The Vihninator") was a humbling experience for three days. LOL

My personal goal for 2007 is to practice often, train hard and MAYBE be qualified to carry Vihn’s gear bag back and forth from his car each day.

For those of you who do not know him – Vihn is the man.

FYI - Larry had a HK45 for us to handle & shoot. It is a very impressive handgun.

That's all for now. I will be posting more details about the class later.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger
    ...shooting next to Vihn ("The Vihninator") was a humbling experience for three days. LOL

FYI - Larry had a HK45 for us to handle & shoot. It is a very impressive handgun.
    Yes, Vihn is quite a shooter.

Dinger, I would certainly like to hear more details about the HK45 you guys shot, including impressions. If the class AAR isn't appropriate for that, maybe a separate thread is.

Glad to hear the class went well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMark
    Dinger, I would certainly like to hear more details about the HK45 you guys shot, including impressions.
    I was very impressed even though I only got to actually shoot one mag (Ten rounds) because I did not have any .45 ammo with me. Vihn and Akoni shot more with it. It does have the finger groves and Spiderman grip design but none of that bothered me in the least. It is a very good looking handgun. The finger groves are very subtle and just "go away" when actually holding it.

IMO - It is a damn fine handgun. It points very naturally and has the ergonomics of a 1911. I have little or no experience with HK triggers but still put the last 2-3 rounds right through the "X" at fifteen yards. The mag release design is also very smart. I figured it out quick enough and it does help to make some quick mag changes. I came away very impressed with the entire handgun.

It's going to be released at SHOT, so everybody should get the chance to handle/shoot/own one shortly. I have the feeling it’s going to be a big hit.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    Thanks Dinger!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yet another great class set up by VA_Dinger. I'm beginning to sense a pattern!

It was interesting how the shooters with the Nightforce 1-4x seemed to do okay. Perhaps not as much of a handicap as the internet makes it out to be.

My 6920 did not malfunction, and surprisingly, nor did my Pro.

I've been waiting for the HK45 for quite some time and was happy to try it out. Unfortunately, it didn't go as well as I had hoped. I can switch between a 1911 and my USP45 seamlessly. The HK45 trigger must be slightly different or something, because it messed me up big time. So instead of my original plan to purchase two, I'm going to just start off with one to see how it goes. The mag catch is slightly different and will take some getting used to. White sight dots have been replaced with neon green ones that seem to glow. I don't know if they are night sights, as they don't appear to contain tritium vials. I don't recall what the model label indicated. I did not spend much time looking at the gun, but I remember that online, the grip looks grotesque. In person, it's fine.

I can also now state that I have been within one mile of a Nighthawk Vickers gun, as well as a Bob Rodgers gun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinh
    Yet another great class set up by VA_Dinger. I'm beginning to sense a pattern!
    Thanks Vihn, but I'm just the office bitch who answers the phone & emails. The classes are so good becuase of Larry, Dave, and the great bunch of guys who attend.

It was interesting how the shooters with the Nightforce 1-4x seemed to do okay. Perhaps not as much of a handicap as the internet makes it out to be.
    No question about it.

The Nightforce is the real deal.

I can also now state that I have been within one mile of a Nighthawk Vickers gun, as well as a Bob Rodgers gun.

Damn funny.

You are now cleared to comment on both.

I will start a list of names for the handgun forum.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    sob

Glad it went well for you -- I'm pissed it missed it -- but hopefully I can squeeze one on on my next leave block

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    For those with first-hand experience, how does the Nightforce compare to the Kahles Helia C 1.1-4x24 and the Meopta Meostar 1-4x22?

Thanks for the review and any additional info.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast