Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KAC RAS real or fake?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Guys, why are some KAC M4 RAS frames and ribs marked 1S002 and others are not? I mean the real ones not the fakes.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Sorry I am reviving a necro post- received a KAC M4 rail off an Ebay seller that he reported to be authentic as did the listing. I was in a hurry and bought it for 120.00 BIN which is not too far off the authentic M5 I bought earlier this year. The rail is going on an M-4 being presented to a Vet next Sat. as a thank-you for their service. I got the rail out of the package Tuesday night and removed the rail covers only to find the slot markings odd numbered with the lowest numbers at the muzzle end, everything else looks pretty legitimate including cage code,patent numbers, man. date, name and address. I am impressed at what lengths people will go to, to make a knock-off, but why not get the slot markings correct as well? I will post pics later tonight. Anyway I could not bring myself to put this on a rifle period so I ordered a Troy rail to take it's place. Moral of this story is to never stray from the EE or site sponsors here.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Guys, why are some KAC M4 RAS frames and ribs marked 1S002 and others are not? I mean the real ones not the fakes.
    That is their cage code, The rail covers on the supposed fake one I just received are marked Knights Armament 1S002 and the covers off my authentic one are marked Knights Armament Vero Beach, FL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiorifleman View Post
    Sorry I am reviving a necro post- received a KAC M4 rail off an Ebay seller that he reported to be authentic as did the listing. I was in a hurry and bought it for 120.00 BIN which is not too far off the authentic M5 I bought earlier this year. The rail is going on an M-4 being presented to a Vet next Sat. as a thank-you for their service. I got the rail out of the package Tuesday night and removed the rail covers only to find the slot markings odd numbered with the lowest numbers at the muzzle end, everything else looks pretty legitimate including cage code,patent numbers, man. date, name and address. I am impressed at what lengths people will go to, to make a knock-off, but why not get the slot markings correct as well? I will post pics later tonight. Anyway I could not bring myself to put this on a rifle period so I ordered a Troy rail to take it's place. Moral of this story is to never stray from the EE or site sponsors here.
    slots marks sounds like a KAC blemish rail look on there web site. theses are just rails with errors made so they sell them cheaper .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiorifleman View Post
    That is their cage code, The rail covers on the supposed fake one I just received are marked Knights Armament 1S002 and the covers off my authentic one are marked Knights Armament Vero Beach, FL
    As for cage code not all stuff will have the cage code. Mil contract versions will , but if it was marketed for the civilian line they may not unless they were contract overruns. A cage code is just a way for the Govt. or purchasing agency to order. and each Govt. Contract has a cage code.
    Last edited by motorolahamm; 02-11-12 at 06:50.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I spent a lot of time getting this verified but apparently the rail I have that I thought originally is a fake is a current Navy contract RIS (that has RAS features) and yes they did order them with odd numbered markings starting at the muzzle end.

Feedback Score
    RIS = odd numbers
    RAS = even numbers

Correct

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by motorolahamm View Post
    slots marks sounds like a KAC blemish rail look on there web site. theses are just rails with errors made so they sell them cheaper .
    anyone know what type of errors are on these blemished rails? I'm thinking about buying one?
    Last edited by mohunter55; 03-08-12 at 22:14.

Feedback Score
    ive been playing airsoft for 20 years now and build and tune up guns everyday.. there are fakes on the market that are so good that there is no difference but the really cheap ones often have some detail that gives it away ..
    remember many airsoftcompanies do licensed copies that are exact matches also ..

i can find you CNC machined very nice knockoffs of all the major mfg´s that if you saw it you would never know it was a fake .. and by experience the differences on the good knockoffs and the real is next to none .. many of the good chinafakes are CNC milled with the same tolerances and from same 7075-t6 aluminium etc and typeIII mil-spec anodized just like the real ones but they cost 30-50 bucks instead of 300-500

ive been selling alot of these
    to airofters in many countries i even have a couple real noveskes .. cant tell the difference .. fit and quality is the same i even found that the knockoffs anodizing sometimes are better and more wearresistant

so if u ever want to be 100% that ur getting genuine parts .. buy from a trusted source ..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mohunter55 View Post
    anyone know what type of errors are on these blemished rails? I'm thinking about buying one?
    mostly its just some colordifference in the anodizing ie. a dark spot or a letter or some text thats not even etc .. never a major thing and never something that will effect function

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast