Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to carry AK mags in class?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

How to carry AK mags in class?

I'm starting to tinker with AK's little and was wondering what some of you guys use for mag pouches? I have a molle belt set up with a Paraclete TX-II and have used a molle chest rig with a TX-II and "double-double" M4mag pouch. Any options out there for a similar setups for AK mags? I'd like something simple to carry 2-3 mags on a belt, or at least 3-4 on a chest rig...

What kind of MOLLE AK mag pouches are out there?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So far it seems "most" of the double AR mag pouches on the market will hold a single AK mag. I've personally verified this with Eagle, Diamondback, and Blackhawk 2x AR pouches.

Since I now shoot AK’s from time to time I went ahead and bought a simple chest rig that could do double duty. I found a Blackhawk .223 chest pouch for $40 that does just fine. It’s double AR mag pouches have no trouble with AK singles.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Do those mag pouches have elastic dividers?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ashooter View Post
    Do those mag pouches have elastic dividers?

None of the one's I've tried had dividers. Some had elastic but it was for retention purposes.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Eagle has some new AK-related chest rigs and MOLLE pouches coming out. Ben Lenett posted them over at 10-8forums. There is a 6-mag chest rig w/ dividers due out in mid-May, and an equivalent MOLLE pouch due out as well. If it's kosher to post direct links, Chest Rig MOLLE Pouch.

Triad Tactical also has some AK chest rigs on the sight already that I think are 3-mag versions (similar to the FB M4 chest rig). Don't hold me to that though, check out their site.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I highly recommend the Eagle/SKD MOLLE AK chest carrier. Another trick I found out is that the Specter Universal Rifle/Carbine MOLLE pouch can be used quite effectively on the belt for emergency reloads.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Eagle has some new AK-related chest rigs and MOLLE pouches coming out. Ben Lenett posted them over at 10-8forums. There is a 6-mag chest rig w/ dividers due out in mid-May, and an equivalent MOLLE pouch due out as well. If it's kosher to post direct links, Chest Rig MOLLE Pouch.
    Thanks! That 6-mag MOLLE pouch looks like it'll work fine.

Feedback Score
    I run a Polish rig. It has dividers and all. It is really squared away. Kenelm52 over on Akforum.net sells them I believe.

Feedback Score
    Those Chinese military issue chest rigs have a certain panache, albeit they're not what the k00l kIDz would wear. They do seem functional for carrying a few AK mags.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Those Chinese military issue chest rigs have a certain panache, albeit they're not what the k00l kIDz would wear. They do seem functional for carrying a few AK mags.
    One of the issues with the Chinese carriers is that you have to tie them like you would boot laces, no snazzy quick detach buckles, just string.....

The Specter chest carriers work great as well.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast