Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nike SFB (Special Forces Boot) initial impressions w/ pics

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Nike SFB (Special Forces Boot) initial impressions w/ pics

As a full-time LEO I am always in the hunt for good footwear. My niche was with the Oakley SI Assault boots. Fit and finish were up to my standards. The only beef I had with them was the fact that they didn't last long. The soles wore out way too fast. I would go through a pair every 6-7 months. Having an extra 15-18# of gear on didn't help either.
    My fallback was the Danner GTX boot. Although comfortable, I didn't really like the height of them. 8" was pushing for me. It restricted my ankles too much.

A buddy/co-worker of mine recently turned me onto the Nike SFB. He had the original version with the matte material. The new ones have a gloss look to them now.

Initial impressions out of the box and onto my feet.

1. VERY light in weight
    2. These are not a winter or waterproof boot. They are IMO a summertime/dry season boot. I'm sure if you do get your socks wet they would dry pretty fast.
    3. There is no ankle support. The boot material is thin and act more like a cover than a supportive "brace" if you will.
    4. Heel cup feels low
    5. I have WIDE feet and so far there are no hot spots or discomfort.
    6. They do feel more like a running shoe.
    7. Quiet so far walking on tile. I would clunk around with the Danner boots.

About sizing. They fit me true to size. Don't laugh but I wear 8.5 US. I wear 8.5 wide in the Oakleys and 8.5 wide in the Danners as well.
    8.5 in the Nike boots leave me enough toe room without crushing them.

Price paid was $140 (with tax and free shipping on the initial order). You can only buy them online/direct right now at Niketown.com

Well that's about it so far. I'll put them to use this coming Sunday. I'm off for the next 3.. Stay tuned for feedback.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BSHNT2015 View Post
    any pics?
    I linked the pics on my post. I guess it's not loading up for you. They are through Tinypic.com Weird.

Feedback Score
    any pics?

Feedback Score
    They look great....., but I am skeptical about the durability of them. Here is my thoughts. Nike has never made a "work boot". It appears that they basically took a Nike tennis shoe and married it to a boot upper half. I worked some plain clothes assignments and wore my nike shocks. After a few months during a busy summer, they were destroyed. They just couldn't stand up to the work of LE. (I was really hard on them)

I am excited they have entered the arena but I little skeptical of how good they will hold up. I am about to pull the trigger on some Danner APB's. I might have to wait a month and see how this plays out. Please keep us informed! Inquiring minds want to know

Ky Cop

GO CATS!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yep. That's why I bought them. You gotta find out somehow and I don't mind being the guinea pig. I'm a bit skeptical myself right now. I work nights so there's a lot of running around and rough situations. I hope they last otherwise it was $140 down the drain.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    How do they shine up?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    They seem like they would after building up layers. I think that's why they went with a gloss finish this time around. Unfortunately I don't polish my boots. They wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Have you tried Bates Lites?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    it sounds like nike is trying to compete with converse in the boot field (which IMHO they failed miserably at)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    IIRC it released the middle of last year so it's still relatively new. I found some literature online and some have stated this was a 4 year project in the making. Is there any truth to that? I have the slightest idea.

I'm pretty hard on my boots so I will know immediately if they will hold up to regular patrol use. Don't worry. I won't hold any secrets. I'm not endorsed by anyone and it was paid for out of my own pocket. If it sucks, I'll be the first to let you guys know.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast