Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nike SFB (Special Forces Boot) initial impressions w/ pics

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    lol. I'm actually a good swimmer. Trying to ski is another story though. Standard boots don't fit me. I have to get full custom boots to be comfortable.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
    Moose Knuckle.....who chooses the name Moose Knuckle? That makes me LMFAO every time I see you post because I picture something like this....

BTT
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 03-12-10 at 17:08. Reason: removed inappropriate pics
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hey guys let's keep this work safe and back on topic.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I had no idea Nike made this type of boot. I wear Bates Gore-Tex Dura-Shocks and find them to be a great boot but kinda warm in the summer months. I'm going to have to try a pair of these out. I've used Nike running shoes for years so this is a natural choice for a duty boot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    Hey Buds, I hear ya about the service life of the Oakleys, they are comfortable though. I managed to get more life out of mine than you did,about a year. I just ordered a pair of the OTB Feredelance boots, hopefully they last longer than the Oakleys.The reviews were good. More to follow.
    for an everyday work boot a year is about it? if your working, if your work consist of patrolling in a car mostly I would be disappointed, I walk many miles in the field no matter what boot I have used in a year I want a new pair.
    Last edited by LockenLoad; 03-12-10 at 19:04.

Feedback Score
    Are they going to make those with a steel toe?

Rock River Arms Tactical CAR A4, S&W Bodyguard .380, S&W Model 410 .40 cal, S&W M&P22
    S&W M&P 40, Custom .22LR AR, Mossberg 500

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've been wearing a pair of the desert tan boots on duty, off and on for a few months now.

As stated they are very light, almost to light, if there's such a thing.

I have even smaller feet then 021411, and I find them to be about a 1/2 size smaller, maybe more. I would wear them more if they were a tad bigger.

They are an assault boot, just like the Oakley's, therefore, durability was not high on the list of priorities when designing the boot. There are no free lunches, if you want a light weight, running boot, ya gotta pay the price.

FWIW, I rotate my boots daily, at least thru two pairs, that helps with longevity, and keeps the boot dry, and allows the mid sole cushioning to recover, just like running shoes.
    Outer sole wear is not a good indication of when the boot is done either.

I've gotten quite alot of wear outta my Oakleys, I still have the first pair I bought back in 05(?), we also get issued two pair a year,so I got Oakley's coming out my ears.

Anyway, overall I like the Nike's', keep in mind what they were made for...get of the Helo, run in and kill everyone, run back to the helo. For that they are great.

There's a thread on them over at Lightfighter.

Bob
    " Some people say..any tactic that works is a good tactic,...I say, anything can work once" former ABQ swat Sgt.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Best boots I've had/have are the Lowa's as well as the Haix.

Feedback Score
    I love my Oakleys, BUT I too am displeased with their life expectancy (around 7mos) and the fact that you can't polish the toe. I will definitely be giving these Nikes a good hard look in the next few months.

Feedback Score
    I'm another 8.5W (8.5EE).

Have 4 pr Danner Acadias, 1 pr Danner Ft Lewis, and 1 pr Danner GTX (4" tall).

Considering picking up Lowa Zephyr or something similar next time I stop in at REI.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast