Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving to the Region

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I am a huge fan of the north hills (mccandless, ross, shaler, and others). I think you could meet the 30 minute commute, as you will be closer to 79-279. The advantage I think the north hills has is it seems to be the easiest to get anywhere to/from. I know when we were house shopping, the $200k mark seemed very doable.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake View Post
    Anyone know much about Whitehall, near Mt Lebanon.
    Yep...you can do a lot better. You're better off in Castle Shannon or Dormont though I don't recommend those either really.

I used to work all three as a Paramedic.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 03-18-10 at 22:20.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I grew up in Baldwin which is right beside Whitehall. I currently live on the border of Moon Township and Coraopolis.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    I grew up in Baldwin which is right beside Whitehall. I currently live on the border of Moon Township and Coraopolis.
    What is your opinion of that area?

I've heard that Mt Lebanon is nice, and that whole area is nice. So I assumed Whitehall was respectable. Although, I know nothing, zero, about the area. I appreciate the comments thus far though. I'm following up on all.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I think the demographics in the Whitehall and Baldwin areas have changed since I last lived there, and not for the better.

Mt. Lebanon is nice but it is crowded and congested and expensive. Nice houses but no yards - you'll be right on top of your neighbors.

I think you'll get the most bang for your buck in Center or Moon Township.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I am not there any more but lived near Mt. Lebonon in Bethel Park and Library and commuted to the city. It is a nice area but Katar is right, it is assholes and elbows everywhere you go. Moon Twp. and out that way is a very nice area. We were also outside Bridgeville for a time which wasn't too bad but that was 15 years ago and it was growing fast then. The guys that live there now could tell you better whether that is a go or no go now.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    I would be inclined to avoid Allegheny county if at all possible. Waaay too expensive. OTOH, Lebo has
    the eighth best school district in the country, last time I heard. It be up to you.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know absolutely nothing about the area, but this will take you to a website that will help you research schools http://www.greatschools.org/

Feedback Score
    I grew up in Hampton township and also Wexford. Graduated North Allegheny in 98. Cranberry is not bad because most of it is right near the turnpike and 79, which lead directly into town. Time to town is not bad but traffic can make a huge difference and also when you actually get into town itself. Allegheny county is terrible on taxes so there is a bit of a migration to the outer counties. Once you get out of the city area, most places are rather safe and quiet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12