Thread: Winchester Choke Tubes

Feedback Score

Winchester Choke Tubes

I have another question regarding the Winchester SX2 Practical shotgun. I have no experience with Winchester shotguns and am particularly interested in the chokes that are available.

The Winchester site mentions that the SX2 Practical accepts the Standard Invector choke system. Is that system interchangable with the Winchester Invector-Plus and/or Winchester Signature Invector-Plus choke tube systems? Or, are you limited to the Standard Invector system? Thanks, as always, in advance.

Feedback Score
    The Invector and Invector Plus are different in a couple of ways.

The Invector Plus barrels have larger bore diameters than Invector barrels. They call their barrels "backbored"m which bugs me, because backboring is really a term where standard bores are re-bored to a larger diameter. They really just bore them larger from the start. It's about like calling a .44 magnum a backbored .357 Magnum to me.

I think the Plus tubes are a little longer also.

I would have thought that gun would use the Invector Plus tubes, but I think I know why they wouldn't.
    My guess is that they use a standard bore size in that gun so it would shoot slugs better. A larger bore like the Invector Plus uses would probably not shoot slugs as well as a standard bore like the Standard Invector.

Feedback Score
    Very helpful. Thanks for the response.