Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Official S&W MP-15 22 thread

Feedback Score
    I took the daughter out this evening, we shot about 300 of the Remington Golden Bullet bulk ammo through it with 2 fail to fire but in about 100 rounds through the 10/22 we had 1 fail to fire as well. The S&W fed it fine.

I did try one dud again and it still went click, it's a cheap ammo problem, not a gun problem.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluepythons View Post
    In the gun of course.

Ok, it was funny to me. S&W has a 2nd generation blue hammer spring and main spring I suppose you can call it, the spring on the bolt. The hammer spring is lighter to allow it to cycle better and I am not sure the difference with the main spring but I believe its similar.

These are what all the new guns come with, I was hoping S&W would just send them to me but I had to send in the gun for them to install. They also replaced all of my old style mags with the new style, not sure what exaclty changed but they are supposed to be improved.

I was starting to get double feeds and fail to feeds which is why I sent mine ine. Great service, fast turn around (2 weeks), and they took care of shipping both ways.

Dave
    I had it coming. I served it up on a plate.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure I have the blue springs. When I took it apart the other day I was like, "hmm blue springs."

Thanks for answering.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    My wifes is a factory S&W M&P22 and the grip holds in the takedown spring and selector spring just fine. There is a void at the back (where the web of your hand would be) but it doesn't cause any issues.
    I guess I will have to take a pic of the inside of my Magpul MOE grip to clearly explain. Whereas the side walls of the OEM grip are solid, the Magul is "skeletonized" so to speak....so there is no flat for the end of the takedown pin spring to rest on. I have read of the same issue on the S&W forums, so I don't think I am completely out of my mind...yet. LOL

On my gun, this detent spring is blue, not to be confused with blue bolt carrier spring everyone else is talking about.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Put some of the parts that will go on my AR on the 15-22 since we are heading to the range next week. I have some Magpul parts coming in this week for the 15-22 (MOE stock, grip, and some MBUS). Also wanted to see how it fit in the case I picked up from Larue.

"Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    That's a nice case.
    "If you're gonna be a bear...Be a ****ing Grizzly!"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by macnamara View Post
    That's a nice case.
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated21R View Post

What case IS that? I'm looking for almost exactly that same setup. Something I can use to break my AR in half for transport.

In my state, if I break it down like that I don't have to lock it up in the truck. Hell I could drive around with it on my lap like that.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    "If you're gonna be a bear...Be a ****ing Grizzly!"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    That would be it.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Yeah I noticed you said LaRue after I asked so I checked there page. I like it.

I think I'm going to get the right red one simply because who would own a bright red rifle case. No one would EVER think it was a rifle due to the size and flamboyant color!

Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast