Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Official S&W MP-15 22 thread

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Thanks guys. I'm still wussing out. I'm torn between painting the whole gun, or just running some Magpul FDE furniture on it.

After a range trip, the Knight's rail covers don't remain in place on the polymer rails, so they have to go.
    "If you're gonna be a bear...Be a ****ing Grizzly!"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Here is some current pics of the rifle showing how the paint is holding up. I didn't put multiple layers/coats on basically just painted it till it look covered and did it at night on a porch with a porch light. I carry it broken down in a 32 liter black diamond demon pack so a lot of the wear is from the upper and lower hitting each other as I rough handle the bag.

Last edited by karmapolice; 05-05-10 at 18:56.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Karma, looks awesome, man.

Feedback Score
    I bought this one a while back and ran 600 rounds through it. Had a few FTE so I sent it back to S&W, they fixed it and retuned it back to me the same day they received it. Wish I didn't have to send it back but at least they took care of it quickly.

I changed out the rear sight for a LaRue same plane and of course the grip and stock for Magpul MOE and CTR. I couldn't decide on an optic and was looking at the cheap Primary Arms Micro copies but found this 551 eo-thingy on TOS for a good price. It's now batting 100% and is a blast to shoot. I may have to get another one because my daughter takes this one over every time we go shoot. Heck, she's got a job, she can buy her own. But it is a great way to get em shooting.

The sad part is I now have more money in add-ons than the gun cost.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    LOL, TWR, it's like a drug, man! Adding stuff on gets addictive.

I got my MCTAR-13 sling adapter today:

You can see below that it doesn't sit exactly flush with the rear of the receiver:

The stock I have on there (VLTOR Mod) doesn't close all the way with it attached, but no problem really. I'm due to take receipt of a MOE stock and other Magpul goodies tomorrow so will take more pics when I finally trick out this rifle.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Job done!

I'll try and get some better pics when it stops raining here!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    i really need to get one of these.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by macnamara View Post
    Job done!

I'll try and get some better pics when it stops raining here!

Very NICE !!!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Thanks Ray.

Once the sun comes back out here in Philly, I'll try and get some better pics.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I bought this one for my wife as an early anniversary present. A M&P15-22 MOE. I added a Smith Enterprise Vortex flash hider (easy to remove to use our .22 can), a thick Magpul buttpad, and a SIG-Sauer FakePoint Micro in a DD Micro mount. I had to grind out the recoil lug of the mount to accept the SIG red dot sight but it was easy. And since I read more than a few people with walking trigger/hammer pins I installed a set of gen1 KNS pins. While I had the trigger group out I honed the mating surfaces to a mirror bright state.

We put 450 rounds through it last weekend with 2 failures. Both failures were with MiniMags. The rounds didn't want to come off the feed lips of the mags and took quite a bit effort to remove them.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast