Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Official S&W MP-15 22 thread

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker View Post
    Yeah, Grant has a funny way of taking my money or inspiring me to spend money. The Force is strong with that one.

Had the MOE stock and grip laying around. Ordered the nut adapter from Tacticool22 and threw on the 13" Troy Alpha rail.
    That's a nice mod with the longer rail. Gives a longer sight radius for irons if thats what you use.

how hard was it to change out the rail?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62WildBill View Post
    Picked up a new PA Microdot this week. Got it sighted this morning. Seems that a 2" group at 25 yards is as good as I can get from the 15-22. What kind of accuracy are the rest of y'all seeing?
    ]
    I'm getting around 5 MOA with CCI Standard. I saw an old mag-tube-in-stock .22 outshoot it, shooting around 3 MOA.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That's a nice mod with the longer rail. Gives a longer sight radius for irons if thats what you use.

how hard was it to change out the rail?
    Appreciate it. The extra rail length is nice for my height, 6'5" and all of the arm span to go with it. Yes, I also like the increased sight radius.

The prep work wasn't difficult, following Grant's lead/advice/pointers from his thread https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=118181, and the instructions with the barrel nut adapter from Tacticool22, it was pretty simple. On removing the m&p barrel nut, you can buy the metal fab'ed tool, or you can fashion one out of pvc or a thin-walled piece of pipe. You just need to cut the notches to fit into the barrel nut. The pvc will pretty much break on the tabs you cut upon breaking the nut loose, but as long as you get it loosened, you can get it out. Also, it's fine-threaded, so you will have many rotations till it clears the threads.

My 2 cents of advice, decide which rail you want on the gun, before you prep the upper receiver of the .22. The original rail I planned to use, I ditched at last minute; I had prepped the m&p upper for that particular rail, which required more material removal than current rail. Is it noticable? Not really, and function is not hindered, but the inner OCD part knows its there.
    Last edited by tbaker; 10-05-13 at 09:11. Reason: grammar

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    This makes me wonder if maybe I should set mine up with an Aimpoint and light for my fiance.
    yes.
    25 rounds from an AR look-alike better than 5 chances from a .38 snub.

seems Velocitors are, as far as .22lr goes, one of the better choices for HD due to penetration and expansion over other .22lr's.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=7.62WildBill;1759056]Picked up a new PA Microdot this week. Got it sighted this morning. Seems that a 2" group at 25 yards is as good as I can get from the 15-22. What kind of accuracy are the rest of y'all seeing?

pretty similar. best results with AR Tactical and Mini Mag so far, trailed somewhat by CCI standard vel. right around 2in as with you.
    other brands/loads as large as 4-6 inches through mine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is used but new to me. I just took it out on Sunday. I'm a happy man.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tbaker View Post
    Had the MOE stock and grip laying around. Ordered the nut adapter from Tacticool22 and threw on the 13" Troy Alpha rail.
    This gives me an idea of what to do with an Alpha rail I have laying around. Yours looks good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okdonk View Post

Very nice setup. What muzzle device is on it?
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
    Very nice setup. What muzzle device is on it?
    It's a barrel shroud from kineti-tech.com.

Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast