Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast

Thread: Official S&W MP-15 22 thread

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gotta add this. The factory trigger (Mil-spec AR) was / is excellent. As delivered, it was smooth, crisp, and unbelievable but true, Has about a 4.5 lb. pull. Most of my mil-spec triggers are quickly replaced. Surprisingly, I purchased a Colt lower weeks ago (piston rollmark) and it has a trigger very close to the 15-22. It's staying in place.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I finally got one and it's a hoot.
    I do have a question about it. This one has a slim Magpul M-Lok handguard and there's a cap at the end of the handguard on the muzzle side that makes contact with the barrel. To me there shouldn't be any contact with the barrel of this cap and I'm thinking about removing it. Has anyone else done the same?

Sent from my SAMSUNG using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    I do have a question about it. This one has a slim Magpul M-Lok handguard and there's a cap at the end of the handguard on the muzzle side that makes contact with the barrel. To me there shouldn't be any contact with the barrel of this cap and I'm thinking about removing it. Has anyone else done the same?

Its never been advertised as a free float handguard, pretty sure they put it there for a reason.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Many folks remove the end cap. I chose a different route. I put a stepped bit in a vise and hand-turned the remove end cap til I had an acceptable minimal clearance. Probably took 3-4 minutes checking / rechecking, etc. When completed and installed, I gave the handguard a firm (but not gorilla-like) grasp and tried moving the handguard sideways / up / down to to make contact with the barrel. I could have muscled it to do so but I was fine with my less than scientific test. and You're right Exiledviking. Lot of fun and actually has good utility against assorted targets.

If allowed here (link), there's a decent forum dedicated to the little 15-22 here: http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-15-22/
    Last edited by bamashooter; 01-15-19 at 09:19.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Many folks remove the end cap. I chose a different route. I put a stepped bit in a vise and hand-turned the remove end cap til I had an acceptable minimal clearance. Probably took 3-4 minutes checking / rechecking, etc. When completed and installed, I gave the handguard a firm (but not gorilla-like) grasp and tried moving the handguard sideways / up / down to to make contact with the barrel. I could have muscled it to do so but I was fine with my less than scientific test. and You're right Exiledviking. Lot of fun and actually has good utility against assorted targets.

If allowed here (link), there's a decent forum dedicated to the little 15-22 here: http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-15-22/
    What's the benefit of that?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What's the benefit of that?
    It's an alternative to removing the end cap.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have two 15-22s and a buddy of mine has one for a sample size of three total, two with quad rails and one with the M-LOK rail. We both removed those end caps from ours when they were new years ago and neither of us have had any issues. And we are not easy on them.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Official S&W MP-15 22 thread

Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    It's an alternative to removing the end cap.
    Got that, just wondering what purpose doing anything to the end cap serves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Got that, just wondering what purpose doing anything to the end cap serves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh, ok. Sorry about that. According to some, the end cap touching / impacting the barrel can impact accuracy. Here you go. http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-w...d-end-cap.html

Feedback Score
    S&W M&P 15-22 Recall.
    Has anyone dealt with this yet?

https://www.smith-wesson.com/mp15-22...r-safety-alert
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast