Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Holster Opinions! (see new thread)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    i've been using a raven for my G19 for about a year now. i wear it at about 2:30. quite comfortable and concealable. i use the soft loops.
    only thing weird with that holster is the screws they give you for the loops dont' really thread into the inserts that far... kind of odd. i did have one insert finally strip out. (they're easily replaced)

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    I've worn one daily for about a 8 months for my G19 so far with the OWB over hooks but one of the over hooks recently broke. I replaced them with comp-tac clips and every thing has been good so far.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the opinions...wow...it seems as if their is a variety though. I am looking at if for the IWB and I want to get model to accept a TLR-1 for a Glock 19.

I'm a bigger guy, so I don't know if that will help with the curvature of the holster or hurt me.

It sounds as if the quality is top notch, but is everyones dislikes about the holster merely a comfort issue? Does it dig into and rub you wrong?

Would the method of attachment make a difference on comfort?

Thanks again
    Shane

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have two Ravens, one for my G19 with a light and one without a light. At first I didn't like carrying them IWB using the soft loops but I spent a few weeks carrying it using the soft loops and it really grew on me.

I did think it carried too high, higher than what I was used to but after carrying it day-in and day-out I got used to it.

Now, I still like my VMII and my Loopers but I have no problem carrying my Raven IWB now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Isn't the holster the same anyway? Or are you buying a different holster for a different size gun?
    Yes - considering trying out a different gun/light combo using the standard loops for OWB carry. Need something for an M&P9/x300 combo in situations when concealment is not the priority. The gap (or standoff) I described is more tolerable in an OWB setup due to the increased thickness of pants and plus the use of inside loops instead of outside facing J-hooks that I used IWB. The original Phantom LC I tried was an M&P9c/TLR-3 combo. Wish it would have worked...might be easier to tailor the curve arc with the regular Phantom w/o light accommodation so that is an option too.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by ZDL; 05-01-10 at 02:35.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Generally speaking I don't carry concealed OWB so I have never really considered it. I have a Phantom with soft loops for a Glock 19 (no light) and for traditional 4:00 carry it works very well for me.

I have worn a Phantom OWB during training classes but I prefer Blade Tech in that role. Oh well, we all have our preferences.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by ZDL; 05-01-10 at 02:36.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDL View Post
    Body composition plays a big role in how something feels to each individual as well. That is what is difficult in listening to opinions on something so personal as a concealment holster.
    Oh man. Look at how people recommend running carbines! Think a little fella who goes 5' 6" should really have the same stance, stock length, and support hand placement as a fella who goes 6' 5"?

Many do!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Leather, and reinforced leather especially, is too thick for guns like the Glock IMHO. I carry in a Raven IWB with the kydex over hooks every day I am legally allowed.
    My FIST #20 is a little bit thicker than my CTAC (both for an M&P9). However, with how I dress the slight increase in bulk is still invisible and the comfort more than makes up for it.

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast