Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul MOE makeover goes horribly wronge! *VIDEO ADDED!*

Feedback Score
    At least it won't rattle....

Something to try...put your lower w/stock in the freezer and let it cold soak overnight.

MAYBE the metal will shrink enough compared to the plastic to let you pull it off without too much drama.

If you do get it off though, don't toss it quite yet. There isn't that much difference between a mil and civ tube...something like .010" off the inner diameter all around. Not a 10 minute job, but doable with a right-sized dowel and appropriate sandpaper and you get to customize the fit to your liking. (I'm about as lazy as they come, but I've done it...and know others that have, too)

...and try to keep your sense of humor. If that's the biggest mistake you make with a firearm, you won't be too bad off.

MikeN
    Last edited by MJN99999; 03-16-10 at 18:47.

Feedback Score
    Well, I tried again tonight to jerk at it and it is not budging at all. Maybe tomorow I'll have more time and hook the winch up to it. As for the freezing... I suspect both the plastic and the steel (or alluminum?) buffer tube will get smaler and not do much to help. Besides, the idea of using excessive force (4,000 lb Warn Winch!) kind of turns me on! I like sledge hammers and torches.... dramatic results! So I promise to video the chaos and put on my You Tube account for you all to shake your heads at me and think... WTF was he thinking!?
    I save money using AMSOIL full synthetic lubricants. Do you?
    http://www.lubedealer.com/DiscountPowerParts/home.aspx

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    use spray lube. might help

Feedback Score
    Hey, on another note... is the MP 15-22 using the civilian size tube for the stock? If not, I can put this on the MP 15-22 and order a new one for the CDD DM4. I also need to get the lower rail add on and a AFG in the same color.

My plan is to the CDD in Foilage Green, the Stag 1L in Olive Drab, one of the new builds in Dark Earth and then one MP 15-22 in Foilage and the other I'm going to atempt to Duracoat multi-cam. That will be the end of my dressing up, then I'll worry about finishing the other lower I built into a 10.5" pistol, or maybe I'll get that Spikes Tactical 7.5" Concusion upper for the pistol.

I'm going to try and do one every 2 weeks (pay day) until they are all dressed up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Indy View Post
    use spray lube. might help
    This may not be a bad idea, I can spray some penetrating oil into it and leave it soak for a day and then go winch it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    before you destroy a perfectly good stock- have you assessed your needs? for me, if you glued my stock fully collapsed, i'd probably never find out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    before you destroy a perfectly good stock- have you assessed your needs? for me, if you glued my stock fully collapsed, i'd probably never find out.
    I am only 5'8" but I tend to like the second click out, in the current "all the way in" config, it seems very short to me. Maybe I could teach myself to use this position.... but I am really used to the position one out from here.

Feedback Score
    That's what I was wondering, can you run it as is? Sorry about your misfortune.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
    I am only 5'8" but I tend to like the second click out, in the current "all the way in" config, it seems very short to me. Maybe I could teach myself to use this position.... but I am really used to the position one out from here.
    maybe winch it out to the second click, and call 'er done. can you think of any reason you'd NEED to collapse it all the way? you have one of the only MOE stocks that's completely rock solid tight- that's a good thing.

i'd use the ****er, meself.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    maybe winch it out to the second click, and call 'er done. can you think of any reason you'd NEED to collapse it all the way? you have one of the only MOE stocks that's completely rock solid tight- that's a good thing.

i'd use the ****er, meself.
    That may be an idea. I'll see if I can winch it out gently, if there is such a thing.... and get it to the 2nd pin drop.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast