Thread: Lucky 13-kac Sr25k

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Lucky 13-kac Sr25k

Well, I really need a gunstore chaperone in the biggest way. I went to a friend's store today to get a .338LM rifle. I decided against the .408 and .416 for now just simply for ammo cost/availability and some other issues I want to talk to some people about.

So, the selection was a Sako TRG 42 or an AI-AW with a S&B 5.5-25 PII with P4 reticle. Everything was in stock. I was pretty firm in my decision, especially due to what this was going to cost me. I am, admittedly, a notorious waffler when I start seeing stuff though.

I walked in.

Waffle number one: There is an EDM Windrunner in 50BMG. I missed it by 1 day, it was sold. The previous owner borrowed some money from the shop owner and paid with this. I could have had it for the balance of the loan...$4k. ARRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHH. F-ing steal. Damn.

Waffle number two: Full rock and roll Colt M16. Too spendy but I fondled it.

I decide on the AI with the scope mounted. I HAVE IT IN MY HANDS MAKING "SHOOTING" SOUNDS ( I am a child at times) and am looking through the wonderous glass when...

Waffle number three: I spy it on the wall. I thought it was gone. It had returned, the purchaser didn't want it anymore. COME TO PAPA.

A KAC SR25K 1 of 100 carbine. Number 13. Cased, 4 mags, cleaning kit, rod and bore guide. Letter of Authenticity signed by Reed Knight.

It has:
    A special match grade fluted barrel
    Flattop upper with removable carry handle
    Removable front sight
    Four position folder
    Specially selected SR25 lower with specially fitted KAC 2 stage trigger
    Case deflector

These 100 carbines were sold in several configurations. Some had rails, some, like mine, had fiberglass forearms. When I saw the rifle, I noticed the rail. What I didn't notice at first was the type of rail. It is a URX. After the rifle came back to the store, the shop sent it to KAC who installed the rail. OUTFREAKINGSTANDING.

So, I passed on an absolutely cool long distance cannon but I am very happy with the score. I have some optics and other stuff to put on it and I'll post this summer when I wring it out.

And, finally, for some who may be thinking "lucky bastard" I am but the cost was high. Let's just say there is a chalk outline where an HK416 upper used to be.

"No you don't, sunshine"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Beautiful rifle.

I found an SR-25 for sale about two years ago, and it was going for an amazingly low price. I just couldn't scrape the cash together to seal the deal. It was one of the great missed opportunities of my life when it comes to firearms.

Of course, that doesn't even come close to something as rare and special as this. Besides, the HK416 upper is "so 2006." This thing will be a classic forever.

Congratulations, man.

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wow. Crazy Carry handle.

What does the fiberglass forearm look like or is it long gone?

You waffle like I do but like my dad says "everything happens for a reason."

I say "you make your own reason."

Nice investment.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    Wow. Crazy Carry handle.

What does the fiberglass forearm look like or is it long gone?

You waffle like I do but like my dad says "everything happens for a reason."

I say "you make your own reason."

Nice investment.
    Thanks!

The fiberglass tube is just that, pretty non-descript, no rail mounts at all. Stops just shy of the GB. It was thankfully returned when the URX was mounted and was sitting in the case.
    "No you don't, sunshine"

Feedback Score
    So what did this one go for, if you don't mind us asking?
    What length bbl does it have? 16"? You mentioned it as a "carbine", but I thought all SR-25's were 20" bbls...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They made a limited number of 16"-ish SR-25Ks a while back. Their operation was somewhat finnicky, which led to the people who wanted them investing in some FALs and the eventual development of the HK417. There were some 12.5" factory KAC guns around as well.