Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Clocking your Comp/brake" (FSC556 et al)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tr1kstanc3 View Post
    Are you right handed? The rifle will recoil to the path of least resistance. Seems normal.
    Yes Sir I am right handed. After watching the videos I still didn't see the lift I was getting. I did clock it so it's about 10 degrees before I hit 12 o'clock.

Looking from the BUIS to the target I have the PWS556 locked tight at the 80 deg mark. (thanks for someone posting this wheel).
    I will post any improvements I see.

Feedback Score
    Simple, try it out and see if it is better.

With certain grips, stances, weapon mounting positions or overall shooting styles many shooters can more easily limit the upward recoil or muzzle flip however since our support hand is further out on the rifle than the primary hand we tend to have less management over recoil in the direction that has the least path of resistance (as mentioned above). So right handers will tend to have a recoil bounce to the right and lefties will tend to have a recoil bounce to the left.

For myself, due to my style, I have very little muzzle rise when I shoot. I do a pretty good job of sideways movement but as a right hander, I have a slight bounce to the right and a minimal amount of rise. Therefore on the below weapon, I timed the compensator accordingly. The compensator was intended to be timed with the holes at the 12 o'clock position and it does help greatly with muzzle rise. However since I control muzzle flip well, I decided to time the compensator at about the 2:30 position. This helps with the slight muzzle rise and the slight right side bounce. It works very well even though it wasn't intended to be mounted in that manner.

Again, it is easy enough just to try it out. If it doesn't work for your set up you haven't lost out on anything, but gained some personal knowledge as opposed to what you only read on the internet.

Feedback Score
    I was able to shoot it and it did help some. I tightened it another few degrees as well. I do follow the previous post where my hold plays a roll in the movement. If I fire consecutive rounds the barrel end seems to hold position pretty well but if I fire a single round I notice a flip up and to the right. Not sure if it's just me or the PWS556.

Any pointers on hand position from the pro's would be great. I will shoot it off side next time and see if it flips up to the left.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12