Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dyeing ACUs

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larryp View Post
    I think this is the route I'd go or even see if you could trade them straight across for some older style BDU's.
    My local surplus store has a ton of BDU Multicam on the cheap. I am sure you'll be able to score a deal easily.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    Rit tan dye makes any camo better IMO. But go with tan, actual brown will more than likely leave a reddish tint. Tan on the other hand browns everything into a nice dirt shade. Its not like it can make ACU's any worse!!! I used a bottle on a couple of sets of vietnam tiger stripes and the results were great. Different patterns for sure but brown/tan works everywhere.http:
    Last edited by nodnarb77; 07-28-11 at 19:14. Reason: pic

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rifleman2000 View Post
    I have a bunch of old ACUs, no longer in the Army. I want to dye them to make them suitable (or more suitable) for woodland. Anyone ever do this?
    try soaking them in a bleach/water solution first to lighten them, then dye away, they wont turn out as dark as the water looks..
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -Some guy not brave enough to put his name on it, so he slapped Jefferson's name on it.

Feedback Score
    http://flic.kr/p/a5UYUe Not ACU's but I just had to share.
    Last edited by nodnarb77; 07-28-11 at 19:16.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sorry for the hijack, but if anyone could pick me up a set of GI OCPs please send me a PM. Appreciate it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    No but I would like to see what you end up with?

Me too...I'm dye-ing to see how they turn out.....
    "You get more with a kind word and a gun, than a gun alone"- Al Capone

"By the way, it's inches that I'm giving you..."
    - Roman

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm interested to see how this turns out. I have 8 new flame retardant ones sitting in a duffel bag and 8 lightly used sets that I never use.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It turns almost purpule with brown rite dye not worth it.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    I tried this not long ago on 2 pair of ACU pants plus several ACU molle pouches.
    Two bottles of tan Rit dye and followed the directions using an extra large capacity washing machine.
    Most everything had an orange tint, some items more than others due to the different material.
    The pants were from diiferent manufacturers (both nyco), and each took the dye a little differently as far as the orange tint.
    It wasn't looking good at that point, so a few days later I redyed all of those items using one bottle of Rit dark green. That killed the orange and gave all of the material a darker, more subdued color.
    I don't have any pics to post right now and it will be a while before I can (weeks).
    Last edited by M2AP; 10-30-11 at 13:18. Reason: gave incorrect info

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123