Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VA - Road rage dump truck VS pistol?!?! WTF?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

VA - Road rage dump truck VS pistol?!?! WTF?

http://wtop.com/?nid=730&sid=1918912
    DALE CITY, Va. -- Both drivers involved in a road rage duel on Interstate 95 during Tuesday afternoon's rush hour are being charged with trying to kill each other.
    Virginia State Police Wednesday evening took dump truck driver James A. Bringham, 44, of Woodbridge, into custody. Police obtained a warrant against Bringham for attempted second-degree murder. Police previously charged Bringham with reckless driving.

Already charged with attempted second-degree murder is Gabriel Poventud, 25, of Woodbridge. He's also charged with child endangerment, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, shooting a missile into an occupied vehicle and reckless use of a firearm.

Police say Poventud -- who allegedly fired 13 rounds -- had his 2-year-old daughter in his Jaguar during the road rage incident on southbound I-95.

This happened after Bringham, the driver of a 2007 Ford F550 dump truck, tried to merge into the southbound lanes of I-95 from Route 123, shortly after 4 p.m.

Police say the drivers then "began engaging with one another in an aggressive manner."

The dump truck struck the Jaguar twice.

Both vehicles ended up on the left shoulder of the highway, pinned against the Jersey wall. That's when Poventud got out of his car and started firing at the truck, police say.

The dump truck pulled away into traffic, but was struck far more than four times by the 13 rounds. No one was hurt by the gunfire.

"In that kind of traffic, to have somebody shoot upwards of 13 rounds at a moving vehicle, the fact that nobody was struck, no houses, no vehicles is somewhat miraculous," says Virginia State Police Lt. Danny Glick.

As Poventud followed Bringham on the right shoulder, a trooper stopped both drivers.

Police say they have no reports of other drivers or vehicles being struck by the gunfire.

Police say drivers should avoid engaging with aggressive drivers.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Hmmm..... 9000 lb truck vs. 3500lb jaguar

NEVER bring a Jaguar to a dump truck fight! ; )

Feedback Score
    Good ole Dale Shitty

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I guess I'm confused as to the chain of events that led to the guy in the Jaguar firing shots. Was he run off the road? Hit by the dump truck?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    I guess I'm confused as to the chain of events that led to the guy in the Jaguar firing shots. Was he run off the road? Hit by the dump truck?
    My interpretation... dumptruck was merging, Jaguar was being an asshole and probably "blocking", dump truck hits Jag twice, both pull over and shots fired... quick & dirty read of the article.

Time to go make some money.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So the dump truck driver rammed the jaguar with his dump truck, twice? Taken out of context, you're ****ing right that is attempted homicide! I would have been hard pressed not to have responded in kind by shooting to eliminate the threat.

Something just doesn't add up with this whole thing. I guess I am just not understanding what happened here.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    This is friggin' crazy. I was at work in Manassas that day but that whole incident happened about 1/2 mile from my house. I live about 200yds as the crow flies from 95.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Willing to wager the Jag was blocking a merge, and the truck driver had enough, so he just started coming over. From there I bet it escalated rather quickly.

Feedback Score
    More Jaguar related drama.

SC police: 71-year-old man in Jaguar robbed 4 banks to save his business, then killed himself

http://crimewatch.gaeatimes.com/2010...-himself-9795/

The benefits to driving an old Chevy keep stackin' up!
    "I would remind you that extremism
    in the defense of liberty is no vice.
    And let me remind you also that moderation
    in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
    Barry Goldwater

Feedback Score
    the driver of the Jag should have considered the kid in the car. if that was the case, then yeah, i would have fired up also. ive drove a dump truck when necessary for years, and people dont take into consideration how difficult it is to slow/stop one and it does get frustrating, so i can see both sides of the story
    "I can make you feel, but i cant make you think"- Ian Anderson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast