Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VA - Road rage dump truck VS pistol?!?! WTF?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wasnt there, so I will leave it up to the folks involved, the witnesses, and the courts to work out, but....

I would assume that there had to be some kind of intent on the truck drivers behalf to kill/injure the Jaguar driver for him to be charged with att. murder, and the contact with his truck into the Jag not being just accidental.

Not sure exactly what transpired after the impact, but it seems reasonable that the Jag driver may have went over the line by firing 13 rounds at the truck driver instead of driving away, which would have been the better option with a child in the car.... Unless the Jag was disabled from the impact and the truck driver was still attempting to strike the disabled Jag with the child still inside???

This should be interesting to see how it plays out....

Feedback Score
    I'm a little intrigued buy the shooting a missle into a vehicle charge, but I guess that goes along with threatining someone verbally being terroristic threats now.
    A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well than a fool can from the top of a mountain. -unknown

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    shooting a missile into an occupied vehicle

Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mnagant762 View Post
    I'm a little intrigued buy the shooting a missle into a vehicle charge, but I guess that goes along with threatining someone verbally being terroristic threats now.
    If I remember right, a couple of years ago a guy got charged with that on 66 for throwing his cup of coffee or Big Gulp, etc. at another driver during road rage. Keep thy projectiles within your car while transiting VA. FWIW

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LINK74 View Post
    More Jaguar related drama.

SC police: 71-year-old man in Jaguar robbed 4 banks to save his business, then killed himself

http://crimewatch.gaeatimes.com/2010...-himself-9795/

The benefits to driving an old Chevy keep stackin' up!
    I'm betting he was actually robbing the banks to keep the Jag fixed...

If I remember right, a couple of years ago a guy got charged with that on 66 for throwing his cup of coffee or Big Gulp, etc. at another driver during road rage. Keep thy projectiles within your car while transiting VA. FWIW
    I can definitely see the point of a "missile into vehicle" charge, considering my father was very narrowly missed when some punks threw a rock through his windshield...they were in the back up a pickup truck in the opposite lane, driving down the highway at about 65mph or so, chucking rocks through people's windshields. The rock carried straight back through Dad's van and exited the window of one of the back doors...
    Last edited by Avenger29; 03-25-10 at 20:27.
    I'm no expert, but I took my CCW course at a Holiday Inn Express

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by irishluck73 View Post
    My interpretation... dumptruck was merging, Jaguar was being an asshole and probably "blocking", dump truck hits Jag twice, both pull over and shots fired... quick & dirty read of the article.

Time to go make some money.
    My interpretation too. I had this happen the other day. N and S bound lanes merge together to go east. I merged in from N and the guy merging behind me from S didn't like it. Tailed me and flashed his brights. I brake tapped him then trapped him behind a semi for a couple miles till I got off. Ass holes like that deserve to get hit by dump trucks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyVain View Post
    My interpretation too. I had this happen the other day. N and S bound lanes merge together to go east. I merged in from N and the guy merging behind me from S didn't like it. Tailed me and flashed his brights. I brake tapped him then trapped him behind a semi for a couple miles till I got off. Ass holes like that deserve to get hit by dump trucks.
    What a riveting account of your brilliance in traffic. And people wonder how this kind of shit happens.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    This is messed up - something I heard brought up was Jaguar driver in panic shot into dumptruck, which had stopped, in defense of his child. At least that is what his lawyer would say.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Virginia doesn't take "throwing missiles at occupied vehicles" lightly. Some college kids were charge with pounding a Harrisonburg cruiser with snowballs. Felony.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've had a couple of "incidents" with truckers that I was hard pressed to keep my temper. Years ago I had a truck tailgate me VERY closely while driving a VW Rabbit with my toddler kids in the back seat. On that one I just got the hell away as fast as I could for the kids' sake, but to say I was "hot" was an understatement.

A few years ago I got run off the road in a similar fashion by a semi on a detour in the middle of nowhere. I bailed off the road to avoid being hit and then stayed on his 6. He got nervous and pulled into my hometown to call 911 on me. The cops came, talked to both of us, took info, and did nothing. Since I had done nothing except follow the guy they had nothing on me--but neither did they do anything to him other than delay his trip for an hour or so. When interviewed they came up with my CCW (a 442 in my pocket) but nothing actionable as it stayed in my pocket.

We've also had a few cases out here in this flyover state of semis rear-ending line of stopped cars on I-80 going full out and killing 3-4 people. The last couple of those were prosecuted but even convicted of negligent homicide, got off lighter than they should have. It's not funny.

All I want is to be left alone on the road, which ought to be easy as there are more antelope than people in the whole state, but apparently that's a lot to ask from some.

I now carry an SKS in the trunk as you really have no idea what the hell people are going to do anymore.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast