Thread: Plain Clothes Cop Shoots Three Armed Robbers

Feedback Score

Plain Clothes Cop Shoots Three Armed Robbers

Well done Officer Justin Fox!

Plainclothes cop shoots gunmen, ends robbery spree
    Nashville Police Officer Justin Fox was at the right place at the right time to shoot three masked gunmen in a hotel lobby

By PoliceOne Staff

BRENTWOOD, Tenn. — An overnight robbery spree in the Nashville metro area was halted by a lone plainclothes police officer who encountered the three masked men early this morning at a hotel in the suburbs just south of the Music City.

Three suspects reportedly burst into the lobby of the Hyatt Place Hotel shortly after 2 a.m. Thursday morning, March 25th after allegedly already robbing three people at another location in town. Unfortunately for them, 35-year-old Officer

Justin Fox was already there — purely by chance — investigating another case at the hotel.

Nashville NBC TV affiliate WSMV reported during its early broadcast today that the Nashville cop, in defense of his own life and the lives of others in the lobby, shot all three suspects.
    The masked gunmen, two of whom were critically injured, fled in a maroon van but were soon apprehended by other officers as they drove down Interstate 65 in Nashville. When police searched the van, purses and wallets from the night’s earlier robberies were discovered.

Tennessean.com reports that the suspects, all local residents ages 20, 22 and 23, were taken to nearby Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Officer Fox — a 12-year veteran who reportedly has never before been in a shooting incident — is on routine administrative assignment following the shooting, says Tennessean.com.
    http://www.policeone.com/officer-sho...robbery-spree/

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Train, train and train for multiple assailants! Well done Officer! There's a video if you follow the link

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Going up agaisnt, three bad guys. That is an outstanding job.

I'm glad the officer came out of it unharmed.

Feedback Score
    What was the name of that site that called first responders "irrelevant"?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I want to know why we aren't hearing about this on national news. Right up there with Capt. Sully and his famous landing.

Feedback Score
    I would love to hear the details of this shooting. What was Officer Fox using, how many rounds were fired/exchanged etc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Job well done. Ideally the Dr's won't be able to save the two in critical condition to save the tax payers some money.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    Latest update from the Tennessean:

Undercover Officer Justin Fox and an officer with another agency, both in plain clothes, interrupted the robbery in the wee hours of Thursday morning. The robbers ordered them to the ground at gunpoint, punching and kicking the officers, and Fox spun around and shot all three, a police spokeswoman said.

The three suspects — Deaunte Carter, 23, Rory Gilmer, 22, and Antonio Leggs, 20 — are in Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Carter and Gilmer, both struck in the chest, are in critical condition. Leggs is in serious condition
    Full article:
    http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...rentwood+hotel

Pretty good shooting with at least two of the suspects struck in the chest. I believe the initial news report said Officer Fox only fired 3 rounds, but I could be mistaken.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I am very glad to hear that Officer Fox was not injured. I hope all the legal and administrative hurdles are soon behind him.

Grace under pressure - fine work, indeed.