Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Anyone got the 411 on the FBI / Task force raids??

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. For all I know, these folks may be complete a-holes. Or they may not. The point is, I'm reserving judgment until the facts are out.

Doesn't the timing seem just a LITTLE convenient, at a time when the "progressives" in the government are trying to distract attention from the health care fiasco, and to label EVERYONE who opposes them as a gun toting, religion spouting, government hating fanatic? Having a handy, very visible arrest of this type helps their cause, doesn't it?

Not saying this is what happened, or that these militia are innocent, but it certainly COULD be. Or it could be a little of BOTH: maybe the militia really is guilty of SOMETHING, but maybe it's ALSO true that the government is sort of hyping this up to serve some particular agenda. That wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I'm going to wait until more facts come out--if they ever do.
    This is likely the correct answer.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    This is likely the correct answer.
    Then how do you explain the statements made by family members here:http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/28...ivity-midwest/

"Stone's ex-wife, Donna Stone, told The Associated Press that her ex-husband also pulled her son, David Brian Stone Jr., into the movement. She said she also helped talk Joshua Stone, who is not her biological son, into surrendering during the standoff.

"It started out as a Christian thing," she said. "You go to church. You pray. You take care of your family. I think David started to take it a little too far."

-----------------

The mother of another defendant, 33-year-old Jacob Ward, told police in Huron, Ohio, last summer that family members took away his two guns -- an AK-47 rifle and a semiautomatic pistol -- because she thought he needed mental health treatment.

These are not the words of the feds. But I am sure someone will say the ex has a motive and the mother and other family members were all loons. It just doesn't look good for them, period.

But if this is in fact a government set-up of some sort, where they are just flat out lying about evidence due to some political pressure, I will be the first to join the angry masses that will surely form. Something just tells me that won't be the case here.
    Last edited by Safetyhit; 03-30-10 at 12:04.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Gentlemen,

I cannot see this thread ending well for anyone, especially now that we actually have people holding that any sort of government employment actually turns people into a cheerleader for possible oppression.

In the interest of preserving the collegial atmosphere of the site and preventing the discussion from descending to the point where mods/staff are forced to take action against people's account, I am locking this down.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910