Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moscow Bombings

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THE FROG View Post
    Are you having a hard time deciding who you are? Alex V or Safetyhit? Go take a hike!
    Knock it off.

Now.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THE FROG View Post
    Are you having a hard time deciding who you are...

My friend, I would be happy to engage you on either this comment or any other as long as you speak with clarity and fact.

However, if you don't feel for those completely innocent commuters there in Russia, who tomorrow could very possibly be Americans in any of one of our numerous subways, this via the exact same hate-based premise, then perhaps no explanations are needed for your feelings.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Are you saying Russia strapped home made boms to women's chests and blew them up in the Chechen subway?

I don't remember hearing that...

In fact I don't remember hearing of anyone of the Judeo-Christian faith strapping a bomb to their ass and blowing themselves up in a muslim country's public transportation system.

So I am not sure what you are getting at.

You may be trying to get at the fact that Russia may not have the best human rights record, or they may opress parts of the muslim population inside their borders, but the way I see it, they are one of the only countries who has the balls to not lay down and take it from the muslim world like most of the rest of Europe.

Did Frog mean that the Russians will give back what they got?

ETA; I guess not , woahhhh
    Last edited by Moon Doggie; 03-29-10 at 15:08.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcmanus View Post
    I am in a state of befuddelment that they police would allow another train to stop at that same station so shortly after the attack.
    Probably not much choice in the matter. Hard to turn a subway around or re route to a different station. Probably faster to keep things moving forwards and get the people off the trains and out of the tubes and disperse a tempting target. Sux to have to walk through that, but I'd rather have to deal with seeing it and be free and clear than have to deal with any follow ups confined in a tube.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rifleman2000 View Post
    Very well spoken, and of course, I agree completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    My friend, I would be happy to engage you on either this comment or any other as long as you speak with clarity and fact.

However, if you don't feel for those completely innocent commuters there in Russia, who tomorrow could very possibly be Americans in any of one of our numerous subways, this via the exact same hate-based premise, then perhaps no explanations are needed for your feelings.
    Exactly right, no one should die at the hands of crazed religious zelots. Regardless of how you feel about the country those people are citizens of.

What if American Indians started to do similar things here today? Would you feel it to be justified because early American settlers commited some pretty heinous acts towards them? Or are your feeling such only because its Russia? The US's sworn enemy for '45 to '89?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    On the one hand, this is a terrible tragedy, and this scourge of terrorism should be fought and is not justified anywhere. My sympathies to the families of the victims.

However, the Russian government also has to put up a complete front against cooperating with terrorists, not only the ones who threaten them directly. Instead, their leaders kiss and welcome Hamas and proclaim them as legitimate. Its sending out mixed messages.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    I have no doubt that Russia will retaliate in a big way for this. When things like this happens the Russians don't form blue ribbon panels, commissions, inter faith dialogue sessions and the like.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan187 View Post
    On the one hand, this is a terrible tragedy, and this scourge of terrorism should be fought and is not justified anywhere. My sympathies to the families of the victims.

However, the Russian government also has to put up a complete front against cooperating with terrorists, not only the ones who threaten them directly. Instead, their leaders kiss and welcome Hamas and proclaim them as legitimate. Its sending out mixed messages.
    I fully agree with your first paragraph i do not want to see anybody hurt by terrorists but I also agree with your second paragraph, the Russians have supported, trained, encouraged every terrorist group and rouge regime in the world that attacked Israel and the Jews for the last 62 years. I know because i fought them myself.

Even now Russia is supporting Iran that wants to destroy Israel so what goes around comes around is a correct saying.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Slayer View Post
    I fully agree with your first paragraph i do not want to see anybody hurt by terrorists but I also agree with your second paragraph, the Russians have supported, trained, encouraged every terrorist group and rouge regime in the world that attacked Israel and the Jews for the last 62 years. I know because i fought them myself.

Even now Russia is supporting Iran that wants to destroy Israel so what goes around comes around is a correct saying.
    I agree. As a humanitarian me sympathies to the victims. As a concerned American about Russia's helping Iran get nuclear weapons and supporting the Syrians, well its time to shit or get off the pot regarding islamic terrorism. I wish they'd quit supporting our adversaries regardless of the principles involved.

Feedback Score
    This is sad and I'm sure the Russians will be kicking some ass with a quickness. At the same time I hope this is a bit of a wake up call for them. They need to stop supporting Iran in their endeavors to get nukes or worse things WILL happen world wide.

If I were Obammy I would fly to Russia for some serious talks about the GWOT. Just my 2 cents...
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will fall back to your level of training.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast