Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Jersey Firearms Laws

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    6-8 weeks is the norm, not months. I have never heard of anything taking over 90 days, even right after Obama was elected.
    Not true. After getting out of the Military and moving back to Jersey I took a job with Correction (considered LE which allows me to carry Off-duty). I moved out of my township and when I applied for another permit to purchase it took over 6 months to come back.

After 2 years I applied for another permit and they wanted to fingerprint me again and go the whole 9 yards. (I had to copy the law and show them that because I didn't move out of the municipality there was some language that stated they couldn't "add or delete" any from the chapter that re-fingerprinting was only required when moving to a different municipality. After a couple of days they called me and said my permit was ready for pick up. (This was 11 or so years ago)

Jersey is the worst. But there are work a rounds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Six oh Nine View Post
    Hey everyone, I am new to this site so if this is in the wrong section I am sorry, and it can be moved or whatever the penalty might be. But I live in the state of New Jersey ( unfortunately) and was just wondering if anyone knew of some where I can view a list of what is legal and not legal to own in this state pertaining to firearms. For example an officer told me that it is not legal to have a magazine that can hold more than 10rds on any firearm. There is also rules against silencers and folding stocks, though I am not sure what they are. Any help would be greatly appreciated because local help from state officials pretty much is "If you question it don't own it or we'll arrested you." as this is a very unfriendly state for firearms.
    I"m a New Jersey resident (Essex county in the Oranges). The mag limit is 15 rounds hence i stick with a Glock 19.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmaster225 View Post
    Not true....This was 11 or so years ago...

Not saying there can't be exceptions, in fact I am sure one could find a host of them if they chose to do so. But an 11 year old example has it's shortcomings.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah CMCC hold the slowest bunch of workers around
    (although i hope none of them read this because they'll probably just take longer)

Feedback Score

Lightbulb

Your right, however New Jersey hasn't elected any gun friendly politicians. If anything they are continuing to restrict our rights with the 1 handgun a month that passed last year. Nothing is getting better in Jersey!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123