Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I finally got sick of the new neighbors playing rap in the street

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Play it at 0800hrs, or earlier if needed.

Years ago when I first moved to FL I had some neighbors who would work on their stock car until 0300 and usually test the tune from 0200-0300. Open headers at 0300 will make pictures fall from the walls. It came to an abrupt halt when I started letting my truck "warm up" from 0500 until I left for work at 0630. Apparently they didn't like 1800 watts of bagpipe music.
    Last edited by Don Robison; 03-29-10 at 21:09.

Feedback Score
    I have either Bagpipe or Civil War Fife & Drum music for myself. If I really wanted to cause problems I could play my CD of Minstrel Music from the 1800s which have the original, not PC lyrics.
    RudyN

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I do the same thing, but it is a combination of punk, hardcore, and irish folk/punk.

I just spent a week in Philly though, and I think that in certain neighborhoods this practice could escalate to violence very quickly. I have been there many times before, but the amount of racial tension still blows me away every time I'm there.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    A lot of malls and stuff have figured this out too.

They play Gospel, or Barry Manilow, or other sort of music and the young people hanging out move on...
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    At first I was going to suggest Drowning Pool or Static-X, but honestly, Barry Mannilo or Gospel might be the ticket. My wifes Christian Contemporary does it for me.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcmanus View Post
    I do the same thing, but it is a combination of punk, hardcore, and irish folk/punk.
    Cruachan or are there more I need to add to my list?

Feedback Score
    My personal favorite to counter rap is bluegrass. Flatt and Scruggs does the trick real quick. I have a feeling cleaning a shotgun on the front porch while blasting 'A Country Boy Can Survive' would probably work as well. I'm just glad my time in a neighborhood where rap was played constantly was short lived. Although now the lesbians across the road are starting to drive me nuts with their 4-wheelers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    My personal favorite to counter rap is bluegrass. Flatt and Scruggs does the trick real quick. I have a feeling cleaning a shotgun on the front porch while blasting 'A Country Boy Can Survive' would probably work as well. I'm just glad my time in a neighborhood where rap was played constantly was short lived. Although now the lesbians across the road are starting to drive me nuts with their 4-wheelers.
    Same old story - this used to be a quiet neighborhood full of older people, but as they've croaked or moved to nursing homes, the houses are starting to go to rentals and less desirable neighbors. I'm moving as soon as I can, but until then, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NelBNtNm8l0

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    so loud my ceiling fan is buzzing in my living room.

I have found the Anti-ghetto-rat repellent: Irish music played at 11.

I'm sitting in my living room enjoying a Guinness and listening to the sweet sound of the Wolfe Tones at 140db from MY truck in my driveway.

Suck it, mother****ers.
    Mozart is more effective, initially. If that doesn't enculturate them then try Heavy Metal with lots of guitar...

PLEASE keep us informed or PM me!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcmanus View Post

I just spent a week in Philly though, and I think that in certain neighborhoods this practice could escalate to violence very quickly. I have been there many times before, but the amount of racial tension still blows me away every time I'm there.
    I don't understand the tension. People (should) wish to be allowed to earn money (honestly) and raise their kids (in a Godly manner).

It's best to vacate the cities while their is time...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast