Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Horrible or Hilarious

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    yes it was real the kids were real kids that had parents that let them do this !!

even for a publicity stunt who cares parents should protect their children not use them !!!

the fact it was done for a publicity stunt in some ways makes it worse as the parents used their kids for their own wacky gains
    they were experienced child actors too

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Eleme...AKE-17836.html

The other day, our own Eric Eisenberg reported that an elementary school recreated a scene from the classic 1983 film Scarface, using fake guns and replacing the f-word (not always successfully) with the more kid friendly "fudge". The video circulated like wildfire through the intertubes, quickly becoming the most talked about video on the web.

Unfortunately, it's as fake as Heidi Montag's boobs. According to TMZ and the LA Times (Via Snopes), the video was produced by acclaimed music video
    director Marc Klasfeld, also responsible for Lady Gaga's "Pokerface" video. It sounds like he put the piece together as a bit of an experiment to see how people reacted to it. And to his great surprise, outraged people spoke out, but seemed to forget all the other videos out there sexualizing women:

"Everyday when I wake up with my daughter and turn on the television for her we are constantly guarding her against all these unnecessary [sexual] messages bombarding her. So for us, to see the reaction against this, well, that was a little shocking. I find it all very fascinating."

The fake audience was filled with family and friends of the child actors, who were found through a company who specializes in finding child look-alikes for big name actors. So use that company if you're looking to recreated an elementary school version of Seven or Gia.

What is going to be extra hilarious is when this word get outs to the people who were so outraged about it, they're just going to change their tune from, "how could the school exploit kids like that?!" to, "how could the director exploit kids like that?!" Some people just need something to complain about.
    Last edited by ForTehNguyen; 03-31-10 at 13:33.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What a fu*ked up society we have created. I mean it's just unbelievable. I loved Scarface, but kids that age should not have seen that movie nor should they be emulating the corrupt characters. This just so their narcissistic parents can exploit them via an acting career.

For every parent that allowed their child to participate, I hope they get a decade of misbehavior in return for their atrocious judgment.

And for everyone here who thinks it's so great, I hope one of them pays you a late night burglary visit while in their 20's an strung out on drugs because the world doesn't see them as the eternally great people their parents promised them it would.

Or something like that.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    I guess in those people who did it or at least in their eyes the Experienced makes it OK for the kids ?

I wonder if they think that way about EXPERIENCED child labor ?
    or EXPERIENCED child prostitution in some countries ?

Feedback Score
    i cant believe what i just saw.....

Feedback Score
    I agree even though in fact especially that they are hired child actors
    goes to show you what some parents will do or pimp their child and values out
    these days to make a buck.

Kinda makes you wonder at what ppint do those type parents draw the line
    on what they will make their kids do for that almighty dollar.

If they had been just kids in a school play then at least there would be one or more
    teachers to blame or even a parent figures out what their child is being taught to
    do seems different than the truth of the parents KNOWING what their child is being hired
    to do and what part their child will be asked to do so they can get the monies.

Then the disturbing fact that even though it was wrote and directed by a known director
    and being acted out by paid actors and they STILL got the part wrong where Tony Montana shoots his sister. He NEVER shot his sis that guy creeping outside his window did. Geeeezeeee

The best outcome in my book for them trying to pull one over on us and even lie and make a back story about it being a real elementary school, and elementary school students then finding out they are hired actors and this was directed.
    Would be now Oliver Stone (orginal Scarface writer) to sue the pants off Marc Klasfeld and Rockhard Films for attempting this "stunt".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234