Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: warning! too much personal info on this site

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Part of me wonders if they use the removal process as a way to validate information... color me suspicious.
    That's why I used my rarely used gmail account.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    not worried about that in the least bit.
    now a days, if someone wants to find your info, they will (if they have the means)

you would be amazed what kids on 4chan find out about people with very little info other than name and general location.

Feedback Score
    It says I own my parent's home which is worth over a million dollars but in a lower than average neighborhood...

Feedback Score
    Luckily, no info found on me.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    I hate these sites with a PASSION!!!!

Thanks for the heads up. I was there but most the info was wrong but some was correct.

Others to watch.......................

http://www.intelius.com/

A few get their info from.
    http://www.addresses.com
    and their removal site is......

http://www.addresses.com/optout.php

I google my name and personal info every once in a while the remove anything
    I don't want out there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyVain View Post
    It says I own my parent's home which is worth over a million dollars but in a lower than average neighborhood...
    Yeah, enough of my information is wrong that I will just leave it be.

Confusion to the enemy! The enemy, in this case, being data miners and ID thievers. (I know, not a word)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    not worried about that in the least bit.
    now a days, if someone wants to find your info, they will (if they have the means)

you would be amazed what kids on 4chan find out about people with very little info other than name and general location.
    That's the truth. There IS NO PRIVACY in this high tech age. Anyone with the slightest effort can find you and everything they need to know about you. Just get used to it and realize this. There are sources out there that have so much info it's scarey.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I used to worry, but if someone is looking for me, they will find me. Thousands of cars drive by my house every day, people can see into my garage if the door is open, they can see my TV if the front door is open, and to be quite frank, if they want it they can get it at some point. And if I would go through all of the process of making myself more anonymous, I might fall victim to a completely random act anyway. That being said, I am still mindful of what hits the internet, email, cell phone, snail mail, and what not, but I wont worry one bit that someone has my home phone number with a google search or know the license plate of my car from a street view.

Feedback Score
    Most of the info on me was incorrect & appeared that they filled in what ever they didn't know with . . . random "facts" They came almost close enough on the adress to actually get mail to me, but. . . not close enough for someone actually looking to get something delivered to me. Same deal for the wife, listed twice and neither right enough in the facts to worry about. My ex-wife doesn't seem to exists, but she posts enough of her life online elsewhere. . . .

Feedback Score
    We could not locate Steindor C******* Are you sure you spelled the persons name correctly
    Lucky me.

I found out a ton of stuff about my father, who is VERY paranoid about everything regarding him online. Not gonna be a happy camper when I notify him
    "Doc, can you check out this thing I got?"
    -Every Marine, ever.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast